Pocketbike Forum banner

Need help to identify pocket bike

3K views 58 replies 3 participants last post by  boondocks831 
#1 · (Edited)
What's the best way to identify this little bike so I can get some fairings for it. All I see is the engine number. Thanks in advance. I normally mess with motorized bicycles but couldn't pass up the deal I got on this thing.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks like it has the small head it probably is a 50cc ALL of the Chinese X bikes have been discontinued they can no longer get them through customs they do not meet EPA or DOT standards and other various problems that make them no longer profitable to manufacture they have been discontinued for some time now and all the parts have dried up.

If you have a fat wallet you could probably buy YSR plastics and figure out how to make new mounts and put those on you may also look into some of the Grom body kits but these options are going to be expensive and cost you more than what a bike like that is really worth.

#6 ·
Thank you. And that is completely opposite of me. That's why right now I'm turning a regular 4.0 electric scooter into a banging ass gas powered scooter. I just don't want to spend the funds like that. I rather do a lot of things myself. Well at least try to do them. Thank you for the information I will start fixing the fairings on it I just got the whole thing put back together and running pretty smooth after tearing the whole thing down. This is the scoot scoop I'm working on LOL

#12 ·
All I got to say is your stuff is cool as hell!
It's a sweet frame and don't let anybody tell you that they can see that the cylinder is smaller. A 50cc head on a 4-stroke looks exactly the same size as a 125. Not anyone can tell the difference unless you see the number on it. My bet is it is a 110cc, it is possible a 50cc but you need to measure it. Like I said nobody can look at it and tell you what size it is. They look exactly the same. I've had 50cc, 70cc, 90cc, 110cc, 125 CC and they all look the same!
Now some manufacturers will obviously Mark out their cylinder to tell you what it is without seeing a number on the cylinder itself.
But yes the frame, body parts and even the wheels will be hard to get. Can't get them new, and usually hard to find. You look like yours is pretty complete which is awesome, badass frame

#13 ·
It has everything I think. When the kid was bringing it to me he literally threw it in his forerunner on its side and cracked everything all to hell.
This is what numbers on it so I'm

Said it before I am completely new to this I started a few months ago building crazy motorized bicycles. I truly enjoy it something different I guess my father was a Master mechanic and I never hung around the shop to learn a lot LOL sad but true. But I love working these little motors now and just trying to teach myself. I have dozens and dozens of vertical motors and horizontal motors pool pump motors like you wouldn't believe in trying to figure out something to do with them all
assuming that this is correct..........

#14 ·
That's awesome that you want to learn now. Not many do. Your numbers are showing 50 cc and 107 which is basically a 110. You got to look at the actual bottom half of the cylinder it should say 107 or 49 on it. I have had one engine in my life that did not say anything. Had to pull it apart and measure the cylinder, turned out it was a 110. It's awesome that you are getting involved and enjoying it

#16 ·
I'm not a kid by any means I don't feel like an adult because I hate adulting. Definitely getting up there. But I spent the last year playing Pokemon go and just riding My Friends motorized bikes and scooters so I wanted some of it too I did put my Pokemon go account up to five grand and got offered 1500 for it LOL

#21 ·
Will do. I am a painter by trade. Mostly epoxies and different resins. So I am really good with fiberglass and bondo. I did do injection molding for about 7 years went to Van dorm tech injection molding school lol but that was a lifetime ago. I'm glad I am getting this information, I would have seriously primed them and painted them would that be a bad thing? Because the plastic welding that I have to do I will have to prime and sand anyway

#23 ·
Your words are definitely too kind!! I worked on big injection molding machines for the longest time so I was a grease monkey. And I've been in construction all my life so I'm good with my hands and everything else fairly mechanical everybody gets mad at me because I keep trying to reinvent the wheel. But if I can make it roll better and easier on me then why not LOL. I will definitely keep updates and keep on this thread but I do wish it was more like the discord.

#25 ·
You are truly kind but like-minded people usually get along until they clash of an opinion of what they think is better LOL but with an open mind and good knowledge you can do a lot. My friend wants to learn everything on his own and won't have me show him anything and I rather somebody show me how it's done whether it be right or wrong but how to get it done and then I can put my swing on it to make it easier on me or more efficient for me. Like I said when I quit drinking I just have too much energy and not enough time. So I'm trying to get down to working on one thing but I'm working on everything at once

#27 ·
LOL. You sound like me. I get way too many things going at once and have a hard time finishing one up. You will get there. And I hear you on the Clash. I am a non-judgmental person probably more than anybody ever hear of in your whole life but you don't know me that well but it's all good. My household is non-judgemental by life and everybody around me knows that. But beyond that, you will get there and we will help you along. Learn what you can and exactly, put your own spin on it. I would never judge anybody to put their own spin or not on anything.
Just let us know how things are going and we will help you along. There's a bunch of good people on here that know their stuff.

#29 ·
Well my buddy calls me anal. Which I'm not at all but whatever I'm doing at this time or that time I don't want to just float by with it. I want to know why it does this not just calls it does this I want to know everything. I don't have the mind capacity because all the part I used to smoke. But if I do anything I am the one that goes overboard.! Like my first business I was giving too much of myself away to the customers. And trying to make their houses like mine. Which I'm the most lazy person in the world at home but when I'm working I just don't stop

#31 ·
I hear you buddy, your bike will be badass.
I know it and we will help you along. I think yours was a 4-stroke now that I remember just 20 threads going on at once right now. But yours will be straight gasoline I'd say at least pump 93 or higher and at the end of the season run on ethanol. Been a while on my four strokes, whatever oil is recommended for your engine. Probably 10w30. Maybe thicker

#39 ·
Yes snowmobiles are the S**t. Lol
Done that my whole life. Not a day goes by that I don't dream about snowmobiling somewhere and some sort of fashion. I don't have Discord but you know who knows, maybe we could start something like that. I honestly never thought about it. I dabble with YouTube and in this community.
You got me at a good time. I'm usually busy and post a few things and then turn in for the night. I'm about to turn in here soon.

#40 ·
I'm part of probably a dozen discords and once you learn how to turn off all your notifications so it doesn't bug you all the time it really is the **** you can talk to a hundred people on the same voiceover IP. Send pictures screenshots instantly you can see people typing you can work online offline. Discord actually started with a lot of Pokemon go spoofers who are cheating. That's how I got on it for those I can go anywhere in the world on my game and it's supposed to be just where you're at

#48 ·
So what I see here there is one oil passage and it's pretty far away from the combustion chamber so it's highly doubtful that it could be a head gasket
Helmet Bicycle part Font Auto part Rim

The oil gets pumped through this cover and that's what lubricates the rocker arms and camshaft bearing.
White Light Hood Blue Black

The camshaft lobes get lubricated from the splash system the little holes in the tops of the rocker arms.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior

Down inside of here there is a valve stem seal on the intake valve I know this valve stem seal to be problematic ( dried up and cracked ) and make these little four-stroke engines smoke and foul plugs.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bicycle part Nut

Like I said it could be a minor problem as well overfilling the crank case or using the wrong weight of oil like 0 w20 instead of 10 W30

Unfortunately with these four strokes there is no good way to see inside of the engine and see if the bore has been rust pitted or scored that would let oil buy the rings and cause oil fouling.

#49 ·
So what I see here there is one oil passage and it's pretty far away from the combustion chamber so it's highly doubtful that it could be a head gasket View attachment 160332

The oil gets pumped through this cover and that's what lubricates the rocker arms and camshaft bearing.
View attachment 160333

The camshaft lobes get lubricated from the splash system the little holes in the tops of the rocker arms. View attachment 160334

Down inside of here there is a valve stem seal on the intake valve I know this valve stem seal to be problematic ( dried up and cracked ) and make these little four-stroke engines smoke and foul plugs. View attachment 160335

Like I said it could be a minor problem as well overfilling the crank case or using the wrong weight of oil like 0 w20 instead of 10 W30

Unfortunately with these four strokes there is no good way to see inside of the engine and see if the bore has been rust pitted or scored that would let oil buy the rings and cause oil fouling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.