Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m thinking it could be the break as well. The instructions says only 4 connectors need to be connected for the system to work but it never mentioned a break wire. Some of the polarity of my connectors are different so I’m going swap the rest of the components over to the right polarity. I’m hoping its some sort of safety that isn’t allowing the controller to unlock.

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
Sometimes the switch in the brake lever goes bad and it thinks that the break is on all the time...

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
Then whatever you need to do to bypass the safety to do a test there are certain requirements that have to be met before the speed control will arm the motor they are all a little bit different.

If you have one with a USB port then you have to program and calibrate it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just for reference i have a Yiyun 36v 100w controller. I have th breaks plugged in as well as the break lights and still nothing. The only safety feature i think this thing has is a LVC at 31v but that shouldn’t be an issue considering I’m reading 40.5v. The only connections left not used is one for a front break and one for a sport mode switch. I’m lost this makes no since unless this is just another crap controller.

If it is another bad controller what are some better ones i can get that are not super expensive. The one i have should be working for the set up I have so i really dont know whats wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
I would assume that the throttle is one
That came with the controller and if that's the case I would deem the controller defective...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The throttle is not the same however i have two throttles and neither one of them works

So before i thought my 800w controller broke, it was riding fine then i hit a bump then nothing no power to anything and i assumed my old lead batteries went out and or my controller broke.

The relays in the controller are clicking on however no power to the motor and it also isn’t powering the break light when the break is applied. If that all sounds like another bad controller then is there a way to test it? If not is there a reliable 36v 1000w controller i can get for around 50$?

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
I avoid these kinds of problems by ordering kits that have the motor controller and throttle all in one kit that work together.

A lot of times if the motor or throttle short or burn up it will also take out the speed control you shouldn't hook other throttles up through other kits.

I would ask the seller which throttles are compatible with your speed control and buy that specific one that they say then try it if that doesn't work then it's more than likely dead.

·
Registered
408 Posts
A while ago I bought a controller built by the same company, $25 with throttle. I have the same problem. Im digging into it. They work, I have never bought a kit, never had a problem mixing different brands. This particular brand I have seen people have problems. I dint think its quality or anything. I believe some of the wires are switched but I haven't dug into it yet. A friend of mine had the same as you, same problem, some how he got it to work but doesn't remember how.

·
Registered
408 Posts
All right , you motivated me. I went and took a look at it that scooter today and I'm such an idiot for not seeing this earlier, I finally looked at the throttle wires because I was going to condemn my throttle, the wires were wrong. Positive was the ground ground was to the white wire excetera. I had another throttle laying around that was three pin and it worked. I swapped all the pins back to the way they should be and now my controller works. Don't know if that's your problem but that was mine, I do know the lock connector either needs to be Looped or hooked up to a switch. That is the on switch for the controller. Then just Throttle, Motor, battery setup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ill try to change the wires with the throttle around. It isn’t giving power to my break lights when breaks are applied which is making me think the controller is messed up but idk. Ill try to switch some throttle wires around and see if that does something .

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just remember the red and blue (keyswitch) wire, it has to be hooked to a switch or install a jumper wire to connect the blue and red together.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah, on my throttle, the red didnt line with red, the black didnt line with black (on the controller), and the third wire as well. All switched around.

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
It's just like at work the other day I ran out of yellow wire which is the wire that I normally use for the AGC gain control wire so I had to use a black wire and I twisted it with the red wire for the power wire for the amplifier board I feel bad if somebody goes to work on it and doesn't realize that it's an AGC wire and they hook that wire up to ground they're going to be having a really bad day...

The only difference is in China they just continue to use random colored wires I actually went and ordered more yellow wire...

·
Registered
408 Posts
No they weren't random colors, they were in the wrong order. The red on throttle was hooked up to Black, Etc. Once I switch them around it worked perfectly when I lined up red to red, black to Black, and the last wires were blue on one end and wet on the other but I knew it didn't matter. But that's how one of my old houses was, when I hooked fans up to where the light was, every room had different colors except for the common Live Wire. Even some of the grounds weren't even black. Crazy.

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
No they weren't random colors, they were in the wrong order. The red on throttle was hooked up to Black, Etc. Once I switch them around it worked perfectly when I lined up red to red, black to Black, and the last wires were blue on one end and wet on the other but I knew it didn't matter. But that's how one of my old houses was, when I hooked fans up to where the light was, every room had different colors except for the common Live Wire. Even some of the grounds weren't even black. Crazy.
Yep sometimes you just got to finish the job with what you have...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I know my throttle is wired correctly. It has a lock and an volt meter on it and neither would work if it was wired wrong. My throttle has 5 wires: red, black, green for throttle control and a yellow and blue wire for the lock and volt meter. The throttle can also read volts from the lock wire without having the volt meter wire connected.

I triple checked the wires tried other throttles and still nothing. Im still thinking it could be a bad controller because it is also not sending power to the break lights when the breaks are applied. I have tried connecting everything i could however still nothing.

I’m thinking about getting a different controller but i dont want something too cheap or too expensive lol.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to try another controller. I still have one that I couldnt get to work but I am sure I wired it wrong and haven't had a project since to use try ot again.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts