Pocketbike Forum banner

Need help with 49cc X7 pocket bike

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RepoBike 
I have an x7 and I just cant figure out whats wrong with it. Ive tried messing with the high and low speed needle, changed the gas, throttle adjusting etc... Every time I hit the throttle it dies but it starts just fine. It doesn't want to go anywhere when I hit the throttle and the carb is brand new.

It could be a possible airleak.......try changing the sparkplug and resetting the carb needles back to factory settings........1 1/2 is the setting for both needles...........Good Luck......

Ive tried adjusting all three screws on the carb. The fuel tank, gas lines and gas is good... Im just having problems with the carb which is brand new.
It doesnt matter if the carb is brand new...It could of been built a few years ago.....besides the govt and gas refineries dont want people to know but the fuel were using has more than 10% ethanol blend now....

Theres lots of members that had carb problems...i sugested a rebuild kit,,they bought a new carb and with-in a week the new carb has failed in 3 out of 4 instances..........only thing good is they got free replacement carbs but they lost some time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.