Pocketbike Forum banner

Need help with 49cc X7 pocket bike

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RepoBike 
#1 ·
I have an x7 and I just cant figure out whats wrong with it. Ive tried messing with the high and low speed needle, changed the gas, throttle adjusting etc... Every time I hit the throttle it dies but it starts just fine. It doesn't want to go anywhere when I hit the throttle and the carb is brand new.

#5 ·
I don't have an airfilter on the adapter, can that be a problem. The x7s have a special piece that hooks up to the exhaust where it mounts but I don't have it, can that be a problem too? Like when it does run without that piece, exhaust leaks from where it mounts.

#6 ·
Have you tried turning the idle up any? Have you checked for a air leak yet? Does it have old fuel in the tank? And if it had old fuel in the tank did you clean out the tank before adding fresh fuel? Even if it didnt have old fuel in the tank when you got it it may off dried up in the tank or there was a crap on the sides of the tank and fuel lines that may of come off the sides of the tank when you added new fuel and a new carb but made it a dirty carb . Shake the bike around and take a flashlight and hold it under your tank and look in to the tank and see if there is crap floating around in the tank. may need some one to help out if you can hold the flashlight and look in to the tank at the same time.

What is missing at the exhaust will only make a mess. With no airfilter that can suck up crap and pebbles and jack your motor and make it run lean if set at factory settings. Try setting your carb to 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 turns out. Thats the setting we used around here for the stock carb and that where both my X2 and X7 was set at when I got both of the new. but may still need fine tuning from there

#11 · (Edited)
It doesnt matter if the carb is brand new...It could of been built a few years ago.....besides the govt and gas refineries dont want people to know but the fuel were using has more than 10% ethanol blend now....

Theres lots of members that had carb problems...i sugested a rebuild kit,,they bought a new carb and with-in a week the new carb has failed in 3 out of 4 instances..........only thing good is they got free replacement carbs but they lost some time

#12 ·
Made in China says it all. :)
Made in China = it no last long!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.