Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how to adjust anything on this new carb, and when i turn on the bike and lift up the back it just goes without me holding down the throttle, help! and the black wire from spark plug is ground right? i have it bolted to metal wasnt sure if that was it or not.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You have the 14/14mm Dell SHA copy carb. You have a spring loaded idle screw on the side of the carb, back it off alittle if the engine is running to fast. You can put a bigger main jet in it if you get a jet kit online. It's a simple carb not alot of adjustments. You have to drop the float bowl and unscrew the brass jet, make sure its clean. Also make sure you don't have an air leak around the manifold, you can put a boost fitting in the top of the alum manifold ansd hook up a boost bottle.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You have the 14/14mm Dell SHA copy carb. You have a spring loaded idle screw on the side of the carb, back it off alittle if the engine is running to fast. You can put a bigger main jet in it if you get a jet kit online. It's a simple carb not alot of adjustments. You have to drop the float bowl and unscrew the brass jet, make sure its clean. Also make sure you don't have an air leak around the manifold, you can put a boost fitting in the top of the alum manifold ansd hook up a boost bottle.
When I added the SHA14/14 on my h/f cag a few years ago I had to cut the cable sheathing 1/2 inch to make the cable longer to work.I took the elbow off and used the stock cag carb top adjustment screw aswell....I also had to do it on my 5 port cag with Deltoro 19mm rep carb but a lil longer

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Good point I forgot about the cable. Make sure your piston inside the carb is almost all the way down. If your cable is to short it lifts the piston up like your opened the throttle. When you buy that kit they usually give you a cable that fits.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Good point I forgot about the cable. Make sure your piston inside the carb is almost all the way down. If your cable is to short it lifts the piston up like your opened the throttle. When you buy that kit they usually give you a cable that fits.
They do give you a replacement cable but theres two different types of throttles my cags have,,,One with a 90 degree sweeping elbow tube coming from it and one with just an adjustment screw thats slotted...the one with the elbow cannot be swapped out for the newer cable supplied due to having to cut the cable soldered end off to get the cable out of the elbow to use so I had to re-use the old cable and mod it a bit like I explained...

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have that bit the yello one thats the one iv got a new engine for but i have to say what you guys are doing to it is a LOT BETTER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I STICK A 19MM DELLO COPY CARB ? what would i have todo also whats the engine in that pic calld?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
i have that bit the yello one thats the one iv got a new engine for but i have to say what you guys are doing to it is a LOT BETTER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I STICK A 19MM DELLO COPY CARB ? what would i have todo also whats the engine in that pic calld?
If you stuck a 19mm carb to your reeded cag engine it will be a lil hard to tune-in...I barely got the 19mm tuned-in that I was running on one of my cags with a 5 port head setup,,the only way i can see it happening for you good youll need to build a full blown race engine out of the one you have.........

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
is that hard work? what are the things i need todo?
Youll need to disassemble the new engine totally,,,

raceport the lower end case,,

add 4 extra windows to the piston and raise the sideskirt,

thin the rings a tad and deepen the ring channel 1/16",

index the piston top,polish the piston and the cylinder,

deepen the channels for the boost port/s to raise displacement,,

widen the transfer ports to raise engine displacement,,

widen the exhaust port at the cylinder side and reshape into a D shape,,

flare out the exhaust port towards the exhaust flange to match,,

add a 4 petal reedblock or super mod the stock reedplate/reedstopper and add a 1pc Polini green reed,,

stuff the crank

tighten the squish to .022",,

add a rocket key,,

lighten the flywheel

mod the clutches

get a jetpro pipe

run the 19mm carb the way it is on alky/methanol race mix........

After juicing up my Evil Wasp cag on alchohol it became a real handful to ride,,so much I had to stretch the rear and strengthen the neck and mainframe...........

This is the same frame as the yellow one I posted but a different bike........The weight between the Evil Wasp cag and my Polini is a difference of almost 15 lbs....That power to weight ratio really made it a formidible weapon against the Polini too....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.