Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well soon i will be putting a 1982 yz125 on my x19 mid,m having a difficult time finding a gearing for speed.If you guys know what gearing i can use post it up,here is a link to the gearing calculator on e2s Everything2Stroke - Gearing your 2-stroke .

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You can check out what Doug from XMR Pros geared his KX125cc powered superbike.........

With the rear tire size difference being way smaller than the 125cc bike itself id say a 15/22 or 17/28 gearing would suit that powerplant pretty well and matched for the setup.........Just make sure you use deep grade 10 screws with loctite,epoxy lockwashers and starwashers or youll have catastrophic failure under a full throttle powershift............Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can check out what Doug from XMR Pros geared his KX125cc powered superbike.........

With the rear tire size difference being way smaller than the 125cc bike itself id say a 15/22 or 17/28 gearing would suit that powerplant pretty well and matched for the setup.........Just make sure you use deep grade 10 screws with loctite,epoxy lockwashers and starwashers or youll have catastrophic failure under a full throttle powershift............Good luck and keep us posted
give me a link to those bolts plzz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts