Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys got my first mini bike and I have started to tune it but I have a couple of questions. I have a 2013 Gp rsr
1. Is the actual displacement of the engine 49 cc or smaller?
2.How much horse power does the stock motor have?
3.What is the maximum rpm for a stock motor.
4 What is the red line of these motors (i have a tacometer)
5.How can I install a Preformance carb with the big Air filter assembly? It seems like the shaft for the adjustable swing arm is in the way.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Welcome to PBP! What you have is what we call a full fairing Cag pocket bike. it can have a 46cc or 49cc, depending on piston diameter, theres 40mm and 44mm stock top ends available for these bikes, they usually come with a 40mm kit though. An all stock motor, torn appart and rebuilt properly, can reach 9-9.5k RPM. I've seen some cag pocket bikes go up to 15k RPM with heavy mods, and there are alot of different things you can do to up the performance to your liking. Stock horse power they say is 4.2, ied probably say around 2.5 factory assembled. As for the carb, depends which one you have. there are a few different carbs available out there for Cag motors... which airfilter do you have? some are too big to fit inside the frame... you might have to get a flatter one or use a PVC elbow to get it to somewhere where it will fit... probably much simple to go with a flat one...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The bad part about the rear shock Cags is nothing fits, try fitting a new exhaust. Same with my Lucky 7 Cag after 8 different pipes and had to cut one up and make my own.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The bad part about the rear shock Cags is nothing fits, try fitting a new exhaust. Same with my Lucky 7 Cag after 8 different pipes and had to cut one up and make my own.
The Gp Rsr should of been built with a twin rear shock and the lucky 7 could of been designed a smidgeon better.........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Thinking about buying a GP-RSR frame from MPR, My A2 frame from them was $69.95 shipped + CA. tax. The RSR is $14 or $18 more. Maybe $88 to your door, the A2 came w/ kickstand, bearings in the neck and a black plastic fender. The A2 frame I am putting a 40ccc Polini rep engine in. Have alot of shocks and stuff here would love to play with the RSR frame.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I contacted minipocketrockets about installing an aftermarket exhaust on the GP-RSR and Anthony at MPR told me it can be done but you have to install a smaller gas tank to make clearance for the shock/exhaust pipe. I cannot confirm or deny this as I do not have my bike yet. If anyone can confirm that this cannot be done then Im going with a Blade 49R. Looks like the same bike as the RSR minus the rear shock.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I contacted minipocketrockets about installing an aftermarket exhaust on the GP-RSR and Anthony at MPR told me it can be done but you have to install a smaller gas tank to make clearance for the shock/exhaust pipe. I cannot confirm or deny this as I do not have my bike yet. If anyone can confirm that this cannot be done then Im going with a Blade 49R. Looks like the same bike as the RSR minus the rear shock.
Well incase you didnt know....The Raptor is the Lucky7 you were asking about in another post and the Blade is a regular full fairing cag.

If I were you I would physically check the engine size when you get it...The EPA was stopping the import of the larger 47/49cc engines which are the same 44mm boresize..The 39cc/43cc engine with 40mm piston is how the newer bikes come...Theres only two engine sizes offered and that sellers offering 3..The ads are very misleading and the 50mph is a myth...My cag bikes are highly modded and so far none touched 50,,,only 47mph and like I said theyre highly modified......

This used to be a Blade many-many mods ago..........LOL

This one is an MX3

This ones a half fairing cagllari

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Cam,

My head is spinning now. All these different names and styles. I see the 2010 model of the GP-RSR came with an exhaust out the tail. The new 2013 models are side exhaust. I will admit part of the cool factor is the GP style exhaust out the tail. You all know more about this stuff than I so for that I Thank You for the info and the patience. Im thinking the Blade 49R might be a better choice over the rear suspension GP-RSR.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hi Cam,

Im thinking the Blade 49R might be a better choice over the rear suspension GP-RSR.
Good choice...The suspensions suck and to upgrade them will be a huge hassle.... Get the guy at MPR to guarantee youre getting a true 49cc engine with 44mm piston.. The newer bikes come as 43cc with 40mm pistons because of EPA crackdowns......Theres ways to tell just by looking at the cylinder head whether it is or isnt what its supposed to be,,

Youll notice when you ask if the engine is indeed 49cc theyll say yes it is and when it arrives and its 43cc........When you call theyll be like "I dont know how that could of happened,,this is the first we've heard of this" or "they have no control on how the chinese build/box them and that theyre going off what theyre told"...Not to mention how hard it will to get ahold of them after thr first call....They screen incoming calls......

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sorry Temok, I didn't mean to deviate form your questions but maybe the questions I am asking will help you.

Cam, how do I tell wether I have a 49cc engine or a 43cc? Is it marked? Im buying 3 of them. Should I buy MPR's upgrade package they sell with the Blade 49R?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Sorry Temok, I didn't mean to deviate form your questions but maybe the questions I am asking will help you.

Cam, how do I tell wether I have a 49cc engine or a 43cc? Is it marked? Im buying 3 of them. Should I buy MPR's upgrade package they sell with the Blade 49R?

Theres two different types of 43cc heads,,actually theres more but two deviations..

The 43cc engine has a rectangular casting block on the clutch side of the cylinder head.....But like I said theres two versions...The second version is without the rectangular casting but the fins continue around the inside 90 degree bends without any breaks in the fins........

The 3 cylinders in this pic are all 43cc........

The 49cc cylinder has fins that dont fully connect at the 90 degree inside bends in the lower part of the head

·
Registered
328 Posts
Theres two different types of 43cc heads,,actually theres more but two deviations..

The 43cc engine has a rectangular casting block on the clutch side of the cylinder head.....But like I said theres two versions...The second version is without the rectangular casting but the fins continue around the inside 90 degree bends without any breaks in the fins........

The 3 cylinders in this pic are all 43cc........

The 49cc cylinder has fins that dont fully connect at the 90 degree inside bends in the lower part of the head

Nice description of the 43cc head vs the 49cc head Cam! Thanks for the info. When I call MPR today I shall ask them to send true 49cc bikes but I am afraid they probably have the 43cc versions now since they are advertising 2013 models. I guess at this point with EPA reg's it will be difficult to obtain a true 49cc bike unless I cruise over to Canada and pick one up. A friends girlfriend lives in Canada and she offered her address up if I found a bike over there and have it shipped to her house. I gotta get a bike ordered, I want to wrench on one bad! Can't ride it yet as the white stuff keeps falling outside but I can be warm and toasty inside and play with the bike in the meantime! Thanks for the info on the heads.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
For about 45 bucks you can get a 44mm cylinder and piston with 3 ports on ebay. So if you get the 43cc it doesent really matter.

If I bought something that was falsely advertized and it wasnt what its supposed to be Id give them two choices to rectify the problem because it would be their ad that swayed me from other distributors and Id feel mad and cheated.......Id either ask MPR send out a whole 49cc 1pc topend kit for the mistake or if they refuse contact the BBB and the Dept of consumer affairs to handle the advertizing problem.....

You cant falsely advertize what you cannot deliver.Thats deceptive sales practices like the bait n switch........

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I bought something that was falsely advertized and it wasnt what its supposed to be Id give them two choices to rectify the problem because it would be their ad that swayed me from other distributors and Id feel mad and cheated.......Id either ask MPR send out a whole 49cc 1pc topend kit for the mistake or if they refuse contact the BBB and the Dept of consumer affairs to handle the advertizing problem.....

You cant falsely advertize what you cannot deliver.Thats deceptive sales practices like the bait n switch........
Here is a quote from the ad for the Blade 49R on MPR. This is a quote:

"The All-New, completely redesigned Blade 49R now features the largest and most powerful engine in any pocket bike: a larger displacement 49cc Race-Tuned Engine"

"
Engine: 49cc, 10,000+ RPM, 2 Stroke, Air Cooled"

So, if the ad is correct then I should be getting 3 Blade 49R's with 49cc engines like Cam2 said.

By the way, I have a thread open for comments about Extreme-Scooters.com. So far, I have gotten the wrong Paypal invoice amount from them and asked to have it revised. No revised invoice has been sent to me nor have they answered my emails since last Friday. I understand these places will sell sell sell and the customer service is lacking but in all honesty, MPR have been really good to deal with.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I got 3 bikes from MPR, there no worse than anyone else. You have to remember, they don't really make money on the bike, they make money selling you new parts,lol.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Since your buying 3 bikes, I would try to get a better deal on the hp packages, cause they get the parts Cheap. My first 3 bikes were from them. 47cc Cag, was $169, and $40 S/H, yeah those where the days,lol.
Then the X18 and ZX1 Extreme 110cc dirt bike. $589 & $599. They cost more now. The MX3 is a good full bodied bike. The raptor has a 15mm walbro copy carb I think. MPRs Redline Motorsports clutches have good pads, but are metal arms and need holes drilled to lighten them. I will go look at the perf packages for price from them and let you know what I think.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Since your buying 3 bikes, I would try to get a better deal on the hp packages, cause they get the parts Cheap. My first 3 bikes were from them. 47cc Cag, was $169, and $40 S/H, yeah those where the days,lol.
Then the X18 and ZX1 Extreme 110cc dirt bike. $589 & $599. They cost more now. The MX3 is a good full bodied bike. The raptor has a 15mm walbro copy carb I think. MPRs Redline Motorsports clutches have good pads, but are metal arms and need holes drilled to lighten them. I will go look at the perf packages for price from them and let you know what I think.
Thanks for the help Cam! I called MPR today and asked for a deal including shipping on the upgrade package. They knocked $30 off each bike + $58 shipping. Still more than what my neighbors gave me payment for. So I shall wait to hear from you on what you think the upgrade's should be.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sick, nice deal. So, 30 each and 20 each less shipping, so that gives you each $50 extra to spend. I will go look at MPR soon and look.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.