Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is what I have checked so far. I tore the carburetor apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner. I found no issues with it. So I checked the coil to make sure it had the correct gap and it does. The coil is grounded to the frame and the red wire goes to the kill switch. I checked the spark and it looks great to me. I have an e 12 spark plug set at .3 which should be more than enough. I set the carburetor at 2 1/2 turns out for the high and low. I have read every article on here and tried everything that was stated. For some reason it seems as if the gas will not ignite. I have attached photos below to show you what I am looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
When the piston is at top dead center (top of the cylinder) where are the magnets on the flywheel? They should be just a bit past the coil poles...if not, then you may have sheared the keyway....

If thats all good try shooting a little ether (starter fluid) down the throat of the carb (sparingly... You may want to add a bit of oil too, given that the gas/oil mix lubes everything and you pop it off on just ether its pretty tough on the piston)and see if it pops off on that...then you know its a carb issue

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Is your spark plug wet after you try to start it? 2 1/2 turns is alot. Start at 1 3/4 or 2 turns on the H screw on the side. I always clean & dry the plug, then put alittle gas in the hole, put it back and try to start it. It helps to open the throttle a hair to get more air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.