Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my voltage regulator on my bike fried and was smoking... So like it all burned up and i got a new voltage regulator and it i cant plug it in because the cord that is acctually attached to the bike is all burned up... So is there any way I can take out the wires and hook them to the voltage regulator to get my bike running. Also if you ask my bike is eletric start and people say its a x19 or x15. But yea

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Omg so I try to re wire and i cant seem to know what im doing. So can some one tell me how to rewire like I konow where the wires go but how do i hook them on the voltage regulator.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You can get a whole new harness for $20 or so online. Look at the R on the Volt reg on the first wiring dia., it hooks to the battery, then follow the next wire and so on. The green wires are all ground.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
more fire...these bikes are smokin!
bet you got the batch with the short in the start button, lots of those burned up

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
dam maybe i need to replace my start button next lol

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Just bypass the starter button, hook another toggle switch or touch the wires together and see if it stops smoking. When my engines are on my stand, I touch the coil kill wire to the bench to stop them. You can get a push button kill switch for $6 and it clamps to the handle bars where you want it, think you can use that as a starter button also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts