Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I need help I have a super pocket bike that was given to me but I'm not sure if it is two or four stroke is there anyway u can tell by looking at the motor? It doesn't run and if I find out what the motor is then I can begin to find and fix the problem

Thnx in advance

I would post pics but I'm not sure how

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I would post pics but I'm not sure how
Upload them to photobucket, or any free photo hosting site, then post links to the image URL: like....

Code:
http://www.photobucket.com/where/the/picture/is/pic-1.jpg
you could even use the insert image button up top once you have the pictures hosted somewhere...

1-picture = 1000-words! Click! is easier than type type type type type!

:p:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No for some reason the carb is on the front of the motor and there isn't an exhaust it's just a lil black box il try to post pics

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Travis, I think what you have is a midbike, not a super. Looks like a Cateye with a 49cc engine, but that looks like a exhaust can off a scooter. The previous owner MAY have done an engine swap on it ... Can you pull off the lower fairings and please get a couple of shots of the engine and transmission?

Btw, nice flame job on the green bike in the background .... welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Nice ride ... I checked it out on your earlier link, too.

The biggest tips I can give you are time and patience. The more time you spend doing all the prep work on the fairngs, the better your paint job will turn out. Prep work is everything for a nice paint job - anybody can do the rattlecan thing.

What I would do is shoot the entire bike in red first, lay down a few coats and let it dry for a few days. Then, using pinstriping tape (AutoZone or Checker or Pep Boys), I would lay out the designs that would border the black areas, and obviously mask off the larger red areas to avoid overspray. Shoot it over in black, then carefully peel AWAY from the edges to reveal the red underneath. Once everything dries and you clean up all the edges, pour as much clearcoat as you can afford onto it to protect the finish. (I've seen show cars with 40 coats of clear!) The Honda stickers ... hmmm. You may have to do some online searching for those.

However you do it, it'll be a nice little project. Make sure you update the thread with pictures and commentary - we all like seeing the builds here.

EDIT: Yah, she's a Cateye, standard 49cc engine with a Zenoah transmission, just like some of the scooters. Carburetor is a Walbro pumper carb, very reliable, fairly easy to rebuild if necessary. Looks like you have the dual-chain model, too ... some of 'em run single chains, too.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I love pocket bikes and wish i had a better model, i only have the X1 but it treats me well :D
We have an X1, Do not do wheelies, unless you have the version with the wheel retainers at the front wheel, My buddy Mike Broke A collarbone trying this!

:p:thumbsup:

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You need a WT813 Walbro carb and alum manifold and a real exhaust pipe. My scooter with the 49cc Zenoah Copy engine. Mine came w/ a box intake and exhaust, which were Quickly boxed up. Found a Jet Pro racing exhaust for $17 at Dave's One of a Kind Sale last month.
Lot a ways to make it faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need a WT813 Walbro carb and alum manifold and a real exhaust pipe. My scooter with the 49cc Zenoah Copy engine. Mine came w/ a box intake and exhaust, which were Quickly boxed up. Found a Jet Pro racing exhaust for $17 at Dave's One of a Kind Sale last month.
Lot a ways to make it faster.
Are u talking about the cateye or the boreem to make faster?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts