Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine model number is 1E36F 2-stroke 33cc engine and this is a GS Moon scooter. I purchased an ignition coil that mounts correctly but the engine has no pwer at all. With the previous ignition coil the engine ran excellent but when the engine heated up after 3 to 5min the ignition coil would no longer provide any spark thus the reason I wanted to replace the coil. I put the old coil back on and the engine works great but for only 3 to 5 minutes. When I put your coil on it doesn't want to run properly at all. Is there another coil (the proper one) that is available for my scooter? Here is a picture of my scooter http://www.instructables.com/image/FD7Q13VFZ382M7P/33cc-Gas-GS-Moon-Scooter-Help.jpg

I need the proper coil for this scooter. Can someone direct me to a parts supplier for this bike?

Thanks in advance.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Try ScooterParts4Less ... I think they have the GSMoon stuff. PartsForScooters, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try ScooterParts4Less ... I think they have the GSMoon stuff. PartsForScooters, too.
Yeah thats where I purchased this replacement coil from but it doesn't work well. When I say the ignition coil doesn't work properly what I mean is the engine will start but will not idle unless I give it about 1/4 throttle and wide open the engine won't even turn the wheels when I pick up the rear end. This bike is brand new with only 1 tank of gas burnt before the original coil failed. Like I said if I put the original coil on it works great till the coil warms up but this new coil I bought doesn't wprk properly. Almost seems like the engine is way out of timing. I'm not sure if the coil has internal circuitry to control that or not but it looks like the timing is way off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been working on 2 of these type of engines for a while now and i had the same problem. Your problem may not be with the coil but with the tolerance between it and the flywheel magnets. you may have to experiment around with it a little to find where it gives you the best spark but for me it was just high enough so that the coil wouldnt come in contact with the flywheel. Hope im not too late.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks jaonay for your response but it was in fact the improper coils that I bought. I ended up putting an ad online and found a person nearby that had one of these identical scooters for sale for parts and the coil on his works great. Everything is fixed. Apparently the coil and the replacement they sent is not made to work with the GSMOON engine I have. I am guessing that the internal electronics in the coil screw up the timing or possibly the coils I bought are made for a 33cc engine that turns in the opssite direction, I don't really know but I know for sure they do not work. All is well know though so I am happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts