Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where I can find an exhaust and how to mount it right now it just has the little hole in the side

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Do you know where I can find an exhaust and how to mount it right now it just has the little hole in the side

you can modify what you have,,get a stalker exhaust box or if you take pics of the whole thing I can tell ya which perf exhaust will be able to be modded or directly bolted-on.......Id start by modding what you have til you make more performance with a rocket key,,flywheel lightening and clutch modifications......oh yeah youll also ned a v-stack w/built-in choke too for starters...........Then you will need to bump up compression and port it for power...........

heres when it was a tad shorter..........see if you can notice how I lengthened and remodeled it to handle speeds in excess of 50 mph......

Cam, that bike is awesome!
@ Ducman..Thanks

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Did you make that swing arm?
Yep its a meld of the original harleybike mount and an X1 swingarm made longer and wider welded all together.......I also went from a single to a dual rear shock and relocated the top mount to under the seat a few inches more further up.....

·
Bicycle with Engine
881 Posts
Pretty slick work there, are both engine mounts welded to the frame? Or does one slide back and forth to keep tension on the front chain? Also, is it necessary to use a freewheel sprocket on the rear engine like that when running two engines side by side?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Pretty slick work there, are both engine mounts welded to the frame? Or does one slide back and forth to keep tension on the front chain? Also, is it necessary to use a freewheel sprocket on the rear engine like that when running two engines side by side?

Thanks...The first concept build took me all of 5-6 hours to cut the engine plate off another mini harley,,mount the front engine to the second frame,,fabricate a dual pull throttle.....Then another 4 hours to mod both engines and a few more to make the rear swingarm and stretch the frame.........Both engines are solidly welded...The forward engine is welded 7/8" more to the right than the rear engine.....The chain doesnt stretch or ever fall off so a tensioner isnt warranted because the gears are set dead straight inline......

Its necessary to use a freewheel sprocket for it..reason being is its easier to push it and it glides alot further with zero effort when you back off the throttle............before the freewheel was added it was very hard to push the bike with two 5:1 reduction boxes rolling too..........

·
Bicycle with Engine
881 Posts
Very nice, the reason I'm wondering is because I tried welding the engine mounts to the frame of my bike when I installed the exhaust pipe. I was able to get the chain tensioned up pretty well with the jackshaft once I tacked it in place and welded it up. After I took it for a ride the chain loosened considerably and started getting caught up in the sprockets... I'll probably just add a chain roller to keep the tension on the front chain.

I also have a cateye bike with a freewheel on the rear wheel & it loves to coast. The only downfall is that it's a bit slower out of the corners because the clutch isnt' engaged and the engine has to spool up.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You have a Zooma scooter........I have one of those.........Its the bottom picture.I bought an X1 revpipe exhaust and I modified it to work with very little problems....You can mount yours without the extra headpipe ...On my zooma the headpipe tuned the powerband a lil better......

To mod the stock box you take a vice grips and you grab the outlet nipple coming out of the muffler case and you break it out by wiggling it north south east and west over and over til its removed.............after that you take a needle nose pliers and you grab onto the center divider inside the muffler box and twist it like youre ripping open a spam can to give the exhaust box a freer flow............

This one is my homebuilt Punisher scooter

my homebuilt r/c buggy...Its got a modified rev pipe aswell

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Fatty pipes are good, I have one of both types, over the engine like photo and out the back when the exhaust port faces back. You can find one on eBay, if your lucky, search 43cc 49cc pocket bike parts or exhausts.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The're around 50 or 60 dollars plus shipping, the sales come and go, you just have to find one.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Do you think that any would be like under 50 and pug and play if do please put the link
There are very few plug n play exhausts for that scooter.........Its up to you to pick the easiest one to fit,,mod it and mount it or mod the stock one seeings youre engine is bone stock.........If not there arent too many other choices....scooter exhausts are in excess of $70.00 up to $200.00 and the ADA stalker box is $90.00......The X1 rev pipe cost me $35 shipped......Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I will mod the stock exhaust a d buy the x1 exhaust but unfortunately my back tire popped but I will keep the page updated with my mods

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Well, I would get a tire first, I use a tube even on tubeless tires, so it don't go pop while your riding it. Mod the stock exhaust, get a V and air filter. When the engine gets old you can get a 49cc, ported 44mm cyld., with piston & ring & bearing set and go from 43 to 49cc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much is that update I kight just do it to make it faster and I found out I have a apc mini chopper exhaust I might but that on

1 - 20 of 27 Posts