Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a X15 or I guess R32 and I was seeing how do I tell if the spark plug is still good it looks brand new still also I was seeing if there was any goveners on this bike if so how do I take them off and with the air filter I have on u put on a car but very smaller is this good

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
The whole x15 engine has gonernors...they have to be systematically upgraded and modded to perform as they should.........

Theres the crappy plastic CDI that loses its potency as it heats up.....

The fuellines are restrictors,,you need to upgrade to 1/4"

Theres the float restrictor tab in the floatbowl

Theres a sloppy weld in the headpipe that needs to be opened up with a grinding stone

The stock snorklebox has a restrictor disc inside it,,,plus the snorkle box is crap

The amount of excessive crankcase pressure and heat build-up at the valves causes poor performance...a headbreather kit works the best at removing heat from around the valves/valvesprings...It also helps powersuck the crankcase presure out aswell to enhance revs

The rest are internal..The valvesprings need to be changed with quality honda springs to control valvefloat,,the transmission gears need to be radiused and polished,,the shift drum grids need to be smoothed and the shift forks need to be polished,,,the clutchpack needs to be blueprinted,,flywheel needs lightening aswell as balancing,,oil passage needs to be enlarged to 2mm's

When youre done you basically could have bought a bike with a Japan built engine to save all the headaches.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok hey thanks but where is the CID box located and how do I get rid of it or u have a pic also the fuel lines how many r there and also what bout the snorkel box I have a air filter that is like what u put in a car that has a turbo like the blow off valve if I know what I'm talking bout is that bad to have on there and what r other things I should do I'm using it for like wheelies I would I make a rear hand brake and where can I get a bigger sprocket that's cheap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also where do I find the head pipe at and what's a grind stone I have a dremel tool and where is the picec for the head pipe at u have a pic or can u tell me where to locate that at

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Go to your local mower repair shop,,,,,get 6ft of 1/4" Tygon see-thru fuelline ,,one 1/4" nylon highflow fuel filter and a 1/4" stens fuel shutoff

Youll have enough fuelline to do the carb and the headbreather kit

Look on ebay and put pocketbike racing CDI...There will be a CDI with orange super coil combo for $25 bux shipped...Grab that and a jetkit assortment pack for the PZ19 carb

Go to the hardware store and get three 1" conical shaped grinding stones that go into a powerdrill..........Those will gring open the sloppy weld restriction in the headpipe........

While at the hardware store get a couple 1/8" NPT threaded w/1/4" hose barb brass fittings w/ a ddrill n tap for it aswell as a 1/4 x1/4x1/4 brass TEE

You can also get an extra 5/16" fitting and mod the fueltank........

If you dont have a welding tip cleaner tool...get one because youre gonna have to rejet your bike and without jets opening up the one you got alil is what youre gonna have to do..........

When your done and tuned-in itll start-up and run something like this..........Its 40 degrees in the vid so its tuned a lil rich.....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Theres a way to get the clutch to pull feater light but react lightning fast........I have a thread on how to mod the clutch actuator assembly to get your clutch to react like this......

Youre gonna need to remove the clutch cable and soak it in a shallow pan of oil to lube it if you dont have a cable lubing tool and cable/chain lube in a spraycan

Theres a way to slightly increase the spark to the plug using the stock coil by changing out the copper strand sparkplug wire and swap it out for a high voltage wire from an auto set.......It can even be done to the supercoil...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok thanks also I was filling up my tire with air and then I pulled off the tire gauge and the tire well not the tire the thing where u put the air in like ripped so it let the air out where do I get a tire at or do I just need the tube please help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.