Pocketbike Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Adjusted fuel mix, and rejetted the carb with one from the jet kit I ordered. It runs pretty good now all in all. Still doesn't compare to the pumper carb sadly, but at least I don't have to worry about the carb blowing off now. Now if only I could get it to quit peeing gas I'd be happy. I don't think it is a float adjustment issue, it looks more like the petcock that is leaking for some reason. I know I didn't botch the petcock mod, so it's gotta be one of the seals.
In other news, I need a set of forks for the red bike I posted a picture of awhile back. My son just smoked a curb (not quite sure how he managed it) and he bent both forks to the point that the tire catches the exhaust when you try to straighten the front wheel. Unless someone has a spare set they'd sell me for a good price, I guess I'm gonna have to order a set from Alibaba and hope they will fit correctly without major modification.
Has anyone gone from solid forks to actual oil filled forks on one of these little bikes and had good luck with it? It would be nice to have some suspension travel with how rough the pavement is around here. I'll attach a pic of the damaged bike. (My boy is perfectly fine thank goodness!)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Administrator
馃槻 I haven't seen one with the forks bent like that in years...

Search for pocket bike fork assembly on Google I don't think you can buy just the fort tubes

Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
Ouch. That was a good job. Last one I saw was a victim of getting run over in the driveway after being parked behind. I bought it for the spare parts. I thought I saw some on ebay, non suspension. Ill see if I can find them. I haven't converted to suspension style, should be fine as long as they are not too much longer than the original.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts