Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it mean set the needle to 1,2,3,4,and 5th position?
Also my instructions say set the choke lever to position "c" and "a".

On my cag I don't have any numbers or letters on it.

Does all this mean just letting more and less air in??

·
Registered
48 Posts
The "c" and "a" for choke position probably refers to "open" and "close" positions. You'll want to close the choke when you start the motor, then open it up after the motor warms up.

As for the needle postion, I believe (1) being the top of the needle away from the point is lean and (5) closest to the point is rich. To find out what's best for your bike you should start off by putting in in the middle which is (3). Then ride around for a bit and pull the spark plug. The color of it will tell you if you should make it more rich or lean it out. If it's black, it's too rich, and if it's grey your too lean. You want a brownish color.

Hope this helps, and if i'm wrong someone please correct me so that i'm not giving any misinformation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2WHEELMOTION said:
What does it mean set the needle to 1,2,3,4,and 5th position?
Also my instructions say set the choke lever to position "c" and "a".

On my cag I don't have any numbers or letters on it.

Does all this mean just letting more and less air in??
The manual sucks. :p

When you're first starting, put the lever to the UP position. Pull at the cord a few times and you should get it to start. Then move the lever down to let it warm up and ride.

The needle that they're talking about is on top of the carb, attached to the throttle cable. Check the How To's for complete instructions on adjusting your settings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used needle nose pliers to do it, You have to remove it and re-install in the lower notch. oh yeah be very careful. I lost one of mine, had to go search high and low and didn't find it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does ne one know if the Triple tapered needle off of adrenalinemotorsports.com comes with the 2 e clips (i only need the big chromeone)?If not does ne one know where i can get one bcuz mine is all bent up?...Please help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts