Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello PocketbikePlannet members.

Very quick who i am: 21yrld college student in Boston. Junior Mechanical Engineering at WIT. Spend most my free time working on cars. 98 GTI with few mods. Recently got into bikes with one of my friends. Our thought was get two smaller bikes to learn on and make our way up.

1st bike: Dirt bike

Doesn't run as of now only starts. Need to do more research to figure what is wrong

Found on head: YH404CC
Manufacturer: Wuyi Yuhuangxing Industry and Trade Company
Product: DB
MDI: YHXDB209
Time: 2008
Origin: China

Any more info would be great! even where to find parts? does it work like cars...

2nd Bike: Mini Bike? i don't know due to size.

Bike runs like a charm but needs slight tuning, that i still need to learn how to do.

Only markings i found were for 105cm cubed

Cant wait to read more about peoples projects! Any input positive or negative(if productive) very appreciated.

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
lol wow I never though id see that bike again its my old bike I got in trade the white and red one its a 110cc semi auto blata wow I sold that last summer where u from I am in Lowell ma I'll post up some pics of when I had it when I get home later too funny I though it was gonna be scrap from who I sold it to nice to see someone is going to redirect it
And yes they are like cars in most ways other than the clutches are lubed by the engine oil and the alternator is inside the right side of the motor but pretty much the same more air and fuel you get through the motor the more power they make

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow Crazy! Ya we picked it up real late last summer. Bought it not running, got it running but the wires were a bloody mess. They were all melted together and what not. Had to remove a good portion, which sadly disabled the gauges and lights.
Wish i knew how to tune the carb a bit better. But compared to other bike its great!

Seems like the bike is a B1 immortal from your thread, so should help get more info

Thanks

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Yes that is a b1 immortal.......

·
1,278 Posts
I believe that is the bike I had same color same motor looks to be the same I got it in jersey and never had the time for it so I passed it on to someone who bought it in Boston I sold it with a pz19 carb and a harness that was not hooked up at all I got it running but never drove it maybe its not the same one must seems so coincidental that you got it in the same area I sold it in last summer I hope you get it going I want to know how it is ill help any way I can I'm close to you so if you need some parts I have no problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Things got slow last week but finally got the bike out today and got it tuned a lot better. Did a search on the pz19 carb and in-fact looks to be whats on the bike. However look like we are going to have to sell it, my friend wants to upgrade to a full size bike and needs every penny he can get.

Worst part is we rather keep it and sell the dirt bike, but we cant get it to run.
Anybody have any ideas how much the b1 is worth? Its far from mint, runs solid but some the electric parts don't work.

Thanks Pocket Bike Planet

at>drgnprelude if your interested in taking the b1 for a lil ride before we part with it get at me.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You got a nice bike, made in Europe. Chech republic, next to Russia. I have a C1 water cooled Blata copy bike made in China On the other bike it's a 47cc reed port eng, check for spark and clean the carb jets and check the reeds behind the intake manifold, make sure they seal on the rubber pads.

·
1,278 Posts
Na I'm good just wish it was resurrected I never drove it or had time to do anything with it that's why I sold it anyway thanks for asking about the ride I appreciate it id say in running condition lately on c list the mids are running 400+ so I would say put it out there for 350 runs and drives but needs electrical work and take what u can get

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yah its a lot of fun, i only have 1/10th of mile where i can ride, i barely get it into 3rd gear.

On dirt bike i removed the carb, cleaned it and checked the reeds all checked out. Pretty sure the spark is good since the bike will start an just not run. just from experience with cars..

Thanks for quote, i'm hopping to fix it up a bit more first but will see.

I start the bike and it dies quickly after, if i try to rev same thing happens, sometimes will run at WOT for a few seconds and then die. The carb only has one screw which i find confusing, i point it with he blue straw at the end.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The screw on the side w/ the spring is the idle screw, it lifts the piston when you turn it in. You may not be getting enough gas to run.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well dirt bike is on side burner again since the B1 is down again.

Wont start, know i need to tackle the wiring for real, but not sure how without a wiring diagram. A anywhere to get one? I thought about buying a replacement harness but i read in another thread that not easy to find correct one. Any other options

TIA

·
1,278 Posts
You def won't find a b1 correct harness you must adapt it for that bike when I get home I'll post up some diagrams if nobody beats me to it

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On the Euro bike with 4 speed, put a bigger gear on the back 6 to 10 more teeth, you will have less top speed but on your 10th mile it will be more fun. Getting parts is another story. I would look on eBay Europe or a factory or parts website there. Don't know if the still make bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, some kind of wiring diagram just ti get headed in the right direction would be great.

With the mini dirt bike, would it be cheap enough to buy a new carb since i'm pretty sure that's whats wrong.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
drgnprelude- THANKS a lot! I took it all the wiring apart this afternoon, so this will help a lot for the re-build. Literally makes it look 1000X easier!

ldrancer- You saying to watch the temp. of the bike since it's air cooled? Ill get a pic. tomorrow, but the area around the dip stick has what looks like burnt oil marks. When we bought it, barely had oil in it and dip stick was partly melted, we replaced it. After reading you comment i wonder if something happened explaining the messed up dip stick and oil marks.
(wish i had done more research before buying)

·
1,278 Posts
it was probably running lean = not enough gas too much air if it still has the pz19 carb i sold it with that one had some float issues so i would at least get a new one or when you get it running get about 4 new plugs take it for a ride then take a full throotle run then let off and shut the bike down take out the plug and see if its white if so than the carb is too lean try cleaning it out and look on the 4 stroke forum for cams carb mods its one of the x18 theads i think the one that says look what i got on craigslist or something by pharrarii think the whole carb mod is in there from cam

and if you got the bike cheap its worth putting some money and time into at least you will know what has been done and if something goes wrong you can trace it easily

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey guys
Re-did the wiring harness today, followed the charts given.
The starter will engage but theirs no spark. Measured the voltage to the coil and they are all negative!
After the positive goes into the power regulator i never see it again unless i unhook the yellow wire that goes to magneto and then that has +12v until its hooked back up.
Wicked confused. Am i wrong that the coil pack needs positive, negative and ground?

Here is diagram with my input of charges.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts