Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Plastics are for posers......LOL..J/k..... but the bikes can be built-up to look ratty but function killer...Spyguys got a ratbike that actually has some craft built into it..........

you can get bodykits from fancy scooter

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
hahahahahahhahahah u ***. I've been working on my plastics/Fiberglass's for weeks now, it seems like months maybe lol........... They look good... Bah :rolleyes: They help protect my frames from scratches. lol I fall! Alot...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
hahahahahahhahahah u ***. I've been working on my plastics/Fiberglass's for weeks now, it seems like months maybe lol........... They look good... Bah :rolleyes: They help protect my frames from scratches. lol I fall! Alot...

LOL...every once in a while I get goofy.....Mostly when Im edging on the lack of sleep realm..

Funny story....had a friend who just had to have a full fairing cag because it looks the "coolest"bought a cag off craigslist when I got my hf cag a few years back for $30 running killer already because the guy I got mine from was a member here and done a few mods already to the head,exhaust and carb on my bike....

Seeings my friend is adept to working on and modding motorbikes a lil I let him drive the boat as far as maintainance/mods throughout his ownership process on his own bike[almost]......

From day 1 he never had his bike running good enough to run it with the full body on and was always fiddling with his while Im heckling him on mine...[i did this once]....one day I step in and get the bike running sweet....Three days later he calls me up to stop by

The bike was pulled apart,,repainted,,reassembled and looking sweet in those past 72 hours

First ride the gastank nipple breaks off bathing the engine and lower body in gas and oil mix while riding,,the gas reached the rearwheel causing the bike to fling away from under him cracking the lower body instantly from the bike...The gas ruined the paintjob he did on the pipe,,engine and frame..........The crash did in the body,,handlebar and footpeg

He had a huge look of disgust on his face,,,grabbed the ff cag,,tossed it in a 55 gallon drum with pine kindling mixed-in,,doused it in gas and roasted the bike to death..After that I sold my half fairing cag thinking I was done...LOL..Little did I know..............:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now thats a funny story. I have a friend thats just like that. The only reason im looking for plactics is im gonna give it to my 5 year old for his bday and want to make it look good but the bottom fairing is shot. Also is there a proven way to limit to speed on them.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
LOL...every once in a while I get goofy.....Mostly when Im edging on the lack of sleep realm..

Funny story....had a friend who just had to have a full fairing cag because it looks the "coolest"bought a cag off craigslist when I got my hf cag a few years back for $30 running killer already because the guy I got mine from was a member here and done a few mods already to the head,exhaust and carb on my bike....

Seeings my friend is adept to working on and modding motorbikes a lil I let him drive the boat as far as maintainance/mods throughout his ownership process on his own bike[almost]......

From day 1 he never had his bike running good enough to run it with the full body on and was always fiddling with his while Im heckling him on mine...[i did this once]....one day I step in and get the bike running sweet....Three days later he calls me up to stop by

The bike was pulled apart,,repainted,,reassembled and looking sweet in those past 72 hours

First ride the gastank nipple breaks off bathing the engine and lower body in gas and oil mix while riding,,the gas reached the rearwheel causing the bike to fling away from under him cracking the lower body instantly from the bike...The gas ruined the paintjob he did on the pipe,,engine and frame..........The crash did in the body,,handlebar and footpeg

He had a huge look of disgust on his face,,,grabbed the ff cag,,tossed it in a 55 gallon drum with pine kindling mixed-in,,doused it in gas and roasted the bike to death..After that I sold my half fairing cag thinking I was done...LOL..Little did I know..............:eek:
HAHAHA! Funny story! There have been many times i feel like doing the same thing.. Trying to keep those plastics on at a race is fun. I think I put on and took off mine like 10 times last race and I was on a good bike that was running ok.. hah

They sell alot quicker when the fairings look good... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
HAHAHA! Funny story! There have been many times i feel like doing the same thing.. Trying to keep those plastics on at a race is fun. I think I put on and took off mine like 10 times last race and I was on a good bike that was running ok.. hah

They sell alot quicker when the fairings look good... :rolleyes:
Its always good to have the nicer set as backup and make-up a racing set so when you go to sell it you can swap bodies and be done with the bike quick like you said.....

http://www.dzusfasteners.net/products/Self-Ejecting-button,-Springs,-Back-Plates.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.