Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NaSa
Sorry i cant seem to attatch pictures at the momment but if you look on my profile you will see some pictures

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi NaSa
yes built every thing from the ground up frame , stem set ,fork holders etc all from scratch ,It is the 200cc lifan OHC

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Well, I for one wan't to pick your brain, What is the whole story, what else do you make, how long did it take?

It is AWESOME, and WAY nicer than the bike I am building!

KEEP UP the awesome work.

Nick.

ps

What about the Mill in the background? I want to know about it too! Please... :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi NaSa
There is not to much of a story behind it all ,I just got extremely BOARD one day and decided to build a bike ,I have been very mechanicaly minded all my life and have been able to weld ,grind and fabricate since the age of about 7 as i was brought up on a farm in western australia and my father just used to let me loose in the workshop there. The bike i designes and built from scratch with no plans it was all from the grey matter between my ears. As fare as the mill and lathe you can also see in the pictures its ju a hobby for me and to keep the brain active when i am home from work etc .IF you want to pick my brins on anything go ahead i will try and help for sure as i am a mechanic by trade etc .

PS. by the way the name moper is due to the fact i used to run a moper engine in my mini modified tractor pull machine that i raced in australia many years ago

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
OMG, Well, (Digital Jumping Super High Five) !!! My name is Nick, I am a Diesel Student at a community college, and automotive student at the same college, going to be a T/A etc etc, but did not get started with mechanical stuff till '05.

If it's O.K. Can I post a link to show you a bike I am trying to make? it's not anywhere close to as cool as yours, and it's not a chopper, but I still Try. :eek:

There are some other really good fabricators hanging out around here too.

And, I am an American, But Have LOVED almost Every Single Australian Person I have ever met!

Thanks for posting the pictures and for sharing the awesome story!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments on the build ,Yes they are 4.5-10 inch monkey rims

NaSA When are you posting some pics of you build for me to have a look at ,I am back at work now so a little busy but can still manage a bit of time for a look and maybe some input

Cheers Moper

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Thanks Moper, I am a little embarrassed :eek: because I am new to fabrication, but I like you, and since you showed us your beautiful machine, I will show you the ugly prototype of mine, but please keep in mind, I SUCK AT WELDING! :p :thumbsup:

Nicks Badly welded MiniGP bike (Work In Progress) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NaSA, I would not be embarrassed at all ,At least your willing to have a go at things I was having a look at your pics the bike seems to be comming along okay ,Just a tip with your welding Buy some good welding gloves and use one of your hands to hold the welding tip close and steady to the work peice as it will help ,control is very important .It all takes time to learn and we were all horrible welders untill we had lots of practice .You seem to be quite clever in the design using computors etc but I will say work out what wheel size you will use first and then do scaled down sketches to work out how things will work and look etc cheers Nat

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Awesome, awesome ride ....

Welcome to the Planet, amigo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts