Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this set yesterday, won't fit my C1, but will fit my B/B 16:1 FC crank A2 bike. Nice set for only $50, and got free shipping one of my Favorite Words, one other is No Tax,lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They will start on the A2 Cag but will end up on The 2 eng drag bike w/ the X7 front forks, and X6 big wide rear tire. Going to need them to stop, that Beast.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I did, $24.95 for the front & 29.95 for the rear, I get a 10 percent discount there. A stock cable caliper is $15+ dollars alone. They bolt right up to an A1, A2, A3 too I believe.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Let us know how well they work out ...... and be careful when you go to grab that front brake for the first time!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If found out many times about front grabbing brakes. On my scooter I moved the caliper to brake on the whole disc, now its dangerous. With cable brakes I need a death grip to stop, w/ hydraulics, hope it will be easier.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Should be a one-finger pull once you hook 'em up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
EPR will these go straight on an L7? i've only recently got some new shimano levers and cables which are so much better than stock, but can get hydraulics over here for pretty cheap aswell...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bad part is you have to use there handles. All but one of my bikes has aftermarket stuff, the X18 has nice break aways. I think they will fit on X1-X8, they are suppose to fit the cag 140mm disc, 160mm and 180mm discs I believe.

·
Pocketbike Builder
303 Posts
i have those same brakes for the front of my a2. i havent gotten around to fine tuning them but they didnt work out of the box for me. they mounted just fine just didnt brake well.this is how i mounted the huge lever haha.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could have got a Bad unit, it has happen to me many times. If they don't work, I might send them back. They are really for the Cag drag bike and it has an X7 front w/ 8" rim and will have a 145/50-10'' wide slick in the rear.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
You're finally getting off your duff and starting on the drag Cag again? It's about time, EPR!!! I been wanting to see that thing up and running for a long time now ....

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That,s my main project this summer. Got to get my friends truck to take my Oxy/Acy tanks to exchange them for full ones. A few more hours on the #2 drag motor in the Lucky 7, and it comes out, the #1 engine is in the A1, the bike that will be the drag bike.
The Blue Demon engine is going on the test stand first, then in the Lucky 7, for good I hope. I fixed the old bearing in the clutch housing and replaced the bell & pinion as a unit w/ the big C clip behind the bell.
Sam's red engine is still on the stand it is real zippy, I have a 15mm Walbro on it now, with a plastic Cag ATV manifold.
Putting the 16mm WT603 back on Sam's third stage in the L7, put the 14 Del Rep carb on it, the carb was not the problem, on Sam's engine.
On the Red head eng. I am putting that 14 Dell w/ boost fitting back on it. I works the best of the 3 carbs I tried.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts