Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
A few mods .. runs great after upgrading to racing carb!
That's all you have got mods so far???

Do you know what helps others decide what mods to do?

An edit stating the facts and the differences between both and what you notice best about it so it kinda sets the mood...

Great to hear all is going well....

Anything on that other X7??

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
You need a performance pipe to get the revvs.

·
Super Moderator
2,264 Posts
cool you should try to get that boost bottle as close to the carb as possible and the hose going to it as short as possible if you can unscrew it you can put stuff inside of it to take up space little by little to tune it for your engine

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
you can unscrew it you can put stuff inside of it to take up space little by little to tune it for your engine
This is interesting,,,,Ive never ever heard this and Ive been dealing with boost bottles since the early 80's when Yamaha was putting them on their 2 stroke MX bikes........

I even had a White Bros boost bottle setup on my 2002 Banshee 350 2cyl 2 stroke.linking both intakes together too and my 2002 Blaster 200 w/ 1979 YZ400 engine has one aswell........

Matching the size of the boost bottle to the size of the engine is a myth created by the BIS guy to sell boost bottle kits.:tango_face_glasses:

On my 83 Yamaha YZ80 and my 1983 Yamaha YZ490 which I currently own;- both have boost bottles and let me tell you if youre supposed to match the boost bottle to the cubic centimeter size of the engine then that YZ80 must really be a 280 and the 490 must really be a 690.....

And Ill be dammed if theres any type of stuffer they sell to stuff them with either..............

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,264 Posts
damm i guess the research on them i did is wrong im sorry for giving you miss information :tango_face_sad: i really should have experimented with it before opening my big fat keyboard

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
Do you have all the parts?? Photo??

·
Banned
21,721 Posts

·
Banned
21,721 Posts

·
Banned
24,169 Posts
That engine has the 110cc bore of 52.4mm and longer stroke 55.5mm, same engine as in my 125cc Coolster Quad ATV. The real 125cc has a 54mm bore and 54mm stroke I believe, much better high rev motor than the long stoke 110cc engine. You have to read the spec. page before you buy an engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts