Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my mini bike not works :( the reason is bad ignition coil and pull starter, new engine on eBay is 80$. New performance is 50$ ~. What need I to do? New engine or new performance? Can I fix the ignition coil? Thank you, mos

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Or a new China made pocket bike.. 100 Bucks.. lol

New engine means you will have spare parts next time breaks down... HP parts are more fun!! Decisions decisions....

Have fun!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Id get the new engine that comes complete and ready to run,,,break it in gently,,pull it apart and mod it with a 3rd port,,5 windowed piston,,performance porting,,polishing in key areas,,lightening the flywheel,,adding a rocket key and modding/lightening the clutch,,modding the reedstops,reedplate,,adding a composite set of reeds,,adding a pumper carb retrofit kit with hp airfilter and velocity stack...The stock cylinder has potential to belt out atleast 3 times the stock power with a simple dremel and some time / labor........The $79.00 engine from BigmotorSport offers an all aluminum pullstarter and velocity stack w/hp airfilter on carb aswell as free shipping.......

Even if you bought the hp cylinder kit youd still need a pullstarter and a coil leaving the old lowerend condition a mystery..........Good Luck

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's great advice, replacing a bunch of little parts costs big money. Find a whole package. My minimum new engine would want a FC crank and a 2 pc alloy head. For a few bucks more you can get a 3rd stage head eng w/ FC crank.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts