Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the engine I got 53cc 54cc 2-Stroke Big Bore Stage 3 Pocket bike engine | eBay

Review: Very nice looking engine, Everything came as it should and nice packed

1. Do not try to check the spark plug, they have a spring with a sharp points sticking out at the both ends if you try to just remove the boot you will damage it.

2. Don't by the exhaust that goes under the engine for this motor, the spot where the fuel enters carb will be touching each other

3. Don't go test the engine till you make sure the brakes are hooked up and working.

4. Don't ride to far away from your house while testing, it's a long walk home.

With that being said, the increase over stock is :thumbsup::D. First time I hit the gas it tried to pull a wheelie on me. The increase in acc. is great. I can not say it is faster then stock since I have not gone full out on it, But it takes off alot faster. All in All I am happy with the buy. Found out from pocket bike parts that exhaust is on back order, After 4 days of waiting and the Customer service telling me its coming and I need to wait, even told me it was ship on the 15th. But not going to continue talking about them, that order has been cancelled.

Also if you let your wife ride you may lose her, this thing Vibrates like hell, and Ive found I have to kepe a screwdriver because where you have to have the idel screw to start is not were you want to leave it to right unless you like cruise non-control

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Good to hear and glad you like it so far.............What color did you get?.

A pic of it installed on the bike or a short vid would better compliment this thread and review of the engine you purchased......

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After watching the video, can somebody tell me where I can get an exhuast that will fit over the big bore head, and run away from that line? I would have to spend 60 to 100 on a pipe that's not going to work

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Awesome! I've been thinking about grabbing one, and now I'll think about it even more!

The stopping once away from the house sounds like a fueling issue to me, I think the filter, a kink in the lines, or the carburetor float might need to be "adjusted" so it keeps the bottom of the carb (Bowl) filled with gas.

We also had some trouble with the "Stock" torch brand spark plugs that came on our C1's, the plug would get too hot and quit sparking! we changed to a nicer plug from autozone or napa and it was way better!

If you change the spark plug, make sure it's the right size (length) and "Heat Range" for the engine!

Good luck, I know you'll get it hooked up!

Nick.

ps

I'm not sure about the Exhaust, sorry...

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Exhaust are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you going to get,lol,lol. Its true, took me 6 exhaust to get a fit on my Lucky 7. One pipe fits my A1 but not my A2 and don't fit the L7 at all. The Jet Pro is the hardest to fit. Over the engine exh has a better chance of fitting, I like The PB Parts Cag Fatty Exhaust w/ special A2 gas tank to clear it for $69. Nice big exspansion chamber.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang that answer hurts my feeling, I know my Wife is not going to let me get extra pipes lol I have 3 stock 1 may have to get 1 made

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I don't think the exhaust pipe is your problem. These bikes come thrown together, you need to check everything. My A2 Cag has a $24 chrome straight pipe w/ big muffler, and my own built B/B FC crank, very modded engine, and it screams. Your coil could be rubbing the flywheel, the carb or shutoff valve could be blocking gas flow. Your spark plug wire could be lose or bad, or weak coil. The main jet holes is .025", thats small easy to get clogged. Need bigger jets. Thats just a start of what could be wrong, and most of the time, its something stupid.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Huh? There is no issue with bike now, Its all fixed, minus the fact exhaust is really close to where gas goes in, That's why I need another exhaust need one that will reach over the Head on this engine, so I can move pipe away from fuel. Other then that this engine is strong and fast, Very nice acc. This engine has bid bore with the High Compression head Kit

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks good, i just got the same motor, my issue atm is i can't figure out how to tension the throttle cable they sent with the motor. It doesn't have any accommodations to screw into the kill switch housing like my stock cable

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good, i just got the same motor, my issue atm is i can't figure out how to tension the throttle cable they sent with the motor. It doesn't have any accommodations to screw into the kill switch housing like my stock cable
The black ground wire for the kill switch connects in the same place it did on the stock motor, you just unscrew the top screw for the pull start and slide that ring in and screw it back down tight. As far as the cable goes unscrew the idle screw all the way, hook the cable in the circle, the cable was hard for me also, the issue I found was idle screw.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also beware that you may need a smaller gas line hose, I thought mine was leaking gas from the bottom and come to find out it was coming from where the gas line connects to the carb, not sure what the issue is yet but I'm guessing its the gas line

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I use 1/4" clear fuel line on stock cags and force it over the 5/16" tank outlet & inlet to the carb, w/ a VW auto gas filter inbetween w/ the small ends cut off. Hard to get it over, but, it does not leak or need a clamp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The black ground wire for the kill switch connects in the same place it did on the stock motor, you just unscrew the top screw for the pull start and slide that ring in and screw it back down tight. As far as the cable goes unscrew the idle screw all the way, hook the cable in the circle, the cable was hard for me also, the issue I found was idle screw.

could you take a pic of what your talking about on the throttle cable, the motor i got came with a "performance carb" and throttle cable, i've got the cable hooked into the carb correctly but have no way to tension the cable on the actual throttle control.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Are you saying you have alot of play in the cable?? The cable w/ the kit has alittle more cable to fit the stock throttle grips. Does the top of the carb at the cable tube have an adj nut. Need to make a spacer that fits over the caseing to make the cable shorter, or cut some of the outer case off to make it longer. Have had to do both, more than once.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have no way on the throttle side to tighten it down with this new cable, i'm about to just make a thread and post pictures of what i'm talking about so it'll be more clear

1 - 20 of 26 Posts