Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I'm new to the whole pocket bike idea but am definitely interested in what other people have been able to do. Bought a used X15 from a kid about 6 months ago and am finally ready to put a woman's touch on it! I have no manual and only a ALMOST NO experience riding or modding, but I'm good with my hands and GREAT at following instructions! So PLEASE HELP; I can use all the help you can give me!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome! Always nice to see females here!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

X-15's / Mid-bikes are COOL! :cool:

By women's touch you mean Twin Turbo for the power wheelies right? :D

Be sure to talk to Blitz, Swheels, Glenn, Cam2 or any of the 4-stroke EXPERTS we have hanging around here...

Have Fun!

Nicholas.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Welcome to the Planet.............The X15 is a pretty nice bike,,heavy but nice....

Getting it to start up quickly,,idle and run right is what I would do first before trying to learn how to roll the clutch from a dead stop then trying to shift smoothly.............
The gearing for first to 3rd is pretty torquey and jerky all at the same time

Things to do are:

Change the oil............Castrol 10w/40 4t 4 stroke motorcycle engine oil thats wetclutch safe.....crankcase capacity is 3/4 of one quart..........no more than 3/4 or the engine will smoke and make sure you get all oil out of the engine to avoid accidental overfilling which would cause excessive exhaust smoking

Remove the metal restrictor plate from the stock airfilter snorkle box or get a foam hp style airfilter

1/4" fuellines/fuelfilter

Drill the fueltank output hole open

floatbowl restrictor tab removal mod

port the sloppy weld out of the headpipe

blue anodized racing CDI

NGK sparkplug CR7HSA gapped to .023-.027"

Rejet the carb to 75 or 78 mainjet with c-clip on 4th notch

Do a service on the clutch adjustment area by deburring the actuator arm them lubing it aswell as the clutch cable for buttery smooth clutch engagement/disengagement

After you get it running great and riding it youll need to finish it off with great brakes and good suspension aswell as tire upgrades..............Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys so much! CAM2, you've given me what seems to be great ideas, but you may have to treat me like a women (this time only, of course)! You have to give me a little insight because I'm still learning the language. I've had ideas of increasing this fuel lines, etc, but first I need to get the bike running! Originally, I was told it had to be kickstarted because the battery was dead. It took us nearly 30 minutes to crank it on the day of purchase and could never get it started again (probably because my 3 year old lost the only key). So it sat in the garage for about 6 months before I did anything to it. Finally bought a new ignition and battery and put them on. After several tries, I was able to get it crunk with the electric start. Each time I'd put the choke back in, it'd shut off. So I changed the fuel filter, sprayed gas in the carburetor, changed the oil, and it began to run. It sounded as ragged as before, but it was running. I let it run for a few minutes then it suddenly shut down! No power at all. Now, when I put the key in the ignition, I get nothing. No lights, no horn, no electric start. Checked the battery (and charged it) and it seems to be ok. But now it will not turn on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? How can I get this bike running?

Btw, excited about using rattle cans (painted and added a little something to my daughter's power wheel around christmas) so I've already started painting... Pics should be up tomorrow.
Also, I have a green cable coming from the motor that looks as though its supposed to attach to something but is not. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Was thinking its a ground, but why would it have the ability to attach if it were? Please help!

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
ive never heard of a girl into this stuff before lol.

if the motors not cranking at all and you have no lights, horn, etc. you probably have a bad battery connection. try cleaning off the battery contacts and keepin them tight.

about that green wire.... when the bike was running, did everything electronic work?

might want to look up a wiring diagram.

if the motor wasnt running good i would check the spark plugs and clean/ replace if they are all charred and black, and clean the carb out (get a can of carb cleaner and squirt out all the jets and holes).

changing the oil wont affect how the engine runs, but it will keep things properly lubed.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
ive never heard of a girl into this stuff before lol.
Dude, BatVamp is gonna find you and SLAP you just for that :eek:

And Then Beth "ThatGirl" is gonna beat you around the track on a bike with flowers and a Basket on the front, and make you wear a DRESS! <--Actually happened, I have seen the Pictures! PM Blitz and ask him to tell you the "Story"

We have at least 4 women on this site lately, and I can confirm, each and every one of them is AwEsoME!!!!

And yes all you silly teenagers, I do try to talk to each of them ALL THE TIME! <--HI BatVamp! ;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
ANOTHER GIRL WOOHOO!! Hi Roshonda! Welcome.

And lol hi Nick, I'll forgive Bluethunder for that one ;]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Whoa, theres another female? Why do people not tell me these things when I first sign up? lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kudos guys! Hopefully the hobby will get me a date some day! Lol! As far as the bike is concerned, on Saturday, everything I can think of electrical worked (horn, electric start). Didn't have a headlight at the time, so there was no way to check. I finally got a screw for the oil pan, so I've put new oil in it (10w-40), added a new spark plug, bought a 44mm air filter (is that the right size? Seemed a bit too big), and a new fuel filter. What else should I try other than taking the entire wire harness off? Does anyone have a manual that tell me how to fix this stuff?
As for the green wire, can seem to find where it connects. Not sure if it was connected BEFORE the bike shut off..
As for the battery, its brand new so I don't think it needs to be cleaned, etc. Do I need to change/exchange anything else? Haven't triedf kick starting it because I had so much problems getting it working the first time. Suggestions?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Whoa, theres another female? Why do people not tell me these things when I first sign up? lol
Haha when I joined a year ago I swear there were about 3. I was gone for a long time and when I came back, I didn't see the other 2. So now there's 2 of us I guess. I am guilty of trying to recruit but my best friends but they're not into it :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
3. There is another gal from Cali I think

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D
Haha when I joined a year ago I swear there were about 3. I was gone for a long time and when I came back, I didn't see the other 2. So now there's 2 of us I guess. I am guilty of trying to recruit but my best friends but they're not into it :(
I know that feeling. My friends think i'm a little weird...

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
:D

I know that feeling. My friends think i'm a little weird...
Do NOT feel alone, I AM Weird, Just ask Bill (SpyGuy) or even EPR, He told me just the other day, "You talk too much" :p

Where about's you located Roshonda? California hopefully... ;) :thumbsup:

I'm hanging out down here in San Diego!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah my friends got used to it and I have great conversations with their boyfriends lol.

I love the color of your plastics. That blue is sweet!

And I second Nick's CA hope. I'm by Six Flags.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
That's it, I'm updating my avatar, since we have so many cool Chicks hanging out all the sudden, to a picture of MEEEE, for the first time EvEr! you know, those scary internet dudez and all :eek:

I'll change it back to normal (something I'v drawn) in a few days! Sorry EPR, now you gotta hear my words and see my Face! :p :thumbsup:

And yes, I know, I need a haircut! :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's it, I'm updating my avatar, since we have so many cool Chicks hanging out all the sudden, to a picture of MEEEE, for the first time EvEr! you know, those scary internet dudez and all :eek:

I'll change it back to normal (something I'v drawn) in a few days! Sorry EPR, now you gotta hear my words and see my Face! :p :thumbsup:

And yes, I know, I need a haircut! :eek:

Nothing wrong with you Nic. Never pretend to be who you're not going to be every other moment of your life! Learned that the hard way.... So for now, I'll stay a woman that doesnt mind getting a little dirty and will choose a football game over getting my nails done (at least if its between two GOOD teams). So if you like to rough it a little bit, do that!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts