Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just purchased a super pocket bike July 4th but am currently working on getting it running. I'll be around on these forums as I progress with my 110cc Project.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Welcome to the site - you're going to enjoy it here ....

. o O (iFerret? Sounds like a pet app for the iPhone ...)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Welcome Aboard, I have an X18 also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What should I know about the X6 other than parts are almost imposible to find, almost no one has them, and they suck? lol

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
I think you pretty much summed it up right there .... :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. I think I'm just going to fix it up, ride it for a bit then invest in a X18R. :)

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Most of us spend a lot of time searching craigslist and ebay for good deals on used bikes. Some of the bikes are in good condition, others are in okay condition, and still others are flat-out trashed. (Case in pint: <-- That one was pretty well beat up when I got it, as the previous owner used a street bike as a heavy-duty offroad bike. i couldn't even tell what color it was until I got home and began washing off all the caked-on mud and grease.)

Sometimes, if you answer an ad on craigslist, you can talk the guy down a bit from his asking price IF you know what you're talking about. Do a little research on how much a new bike costs, then look at what he's offering - a brand-new Cag goes for about $230 plus tax, so you're not going to pay some idiot $200 for a used one, right?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I woud get a 110cc auto or semi auto trans and put it in there. To much weight for that little engine. If you get a bigger engine and want to sell your 43 or 49cc Zenoah engine, let me Know??

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, its reserved to you. lol. It is pretty dirty but when I took the carb apart, it was amazingly clean so I presume the motor is the same. I'll go ahead and clean it up though, I'm not going to rebuild it though. Thats for you to do. Gotta give you some fun. :) And yeah, I was planning on a semi auto. I want my right handle to be my rear brake. lol. I might even just go with a full auto so I dont have to shift. I am lazy like that, Although I would never buy an auto car. No fun without shifting.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, if your can beef up the auto clutch, it would work real good. I thought I saw a racing auto clutch at PBU, but it was like $189. There has got to be a way to stiffen the spring in the centrifical clutch to make it rev higher before it shifts.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I woud get a 110cc auto or semi auto trans and put it in there. To much weight for that little engine. If you get a bigger engine and want to sell your 43 or 49cc Zenoah engine, let me Know??
Still interested? I'll sell the whole thing, carb, engine, tranny

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, I am still interested. I really need an engine thats has a good crank, going to put my modded stuff on your engine block. I cut a new cylinder top off and made it fit a Cag Alum Alloy B/B head. The best way to ship it is in a USPS, If It Fits It Ships box, the box is free and up to 70 lbs. for about $11, plus the price of the engine. I ship Cag engines all the time, still room for other stuff. PM me if you can. Leave a post here and I will PM you or e-mail you thru PBP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts