Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was driving down the street on sunday and saw a garage sale. i pulled over and ended up buying this frame for $5. I think its from one of those sport bike looking pocket bikes. I have a spare 212cc Predator engine that I am going to try to fit in there. I need to get a rear shock as well

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
It's a cateye fs509 looks like some one was going for the drag bike look

Not being able to get the plastics has killed a lot of restoration dreams

Not being able to get the transmission has killed a lot of them as well

Just so you know the predator engine spins the wrong way you will need a jack shaft to make it work

They are great for electric conversions as well 1800watts gets them UpTo 35mph that's faster then you really want to go on one !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I noticed that about the predator. Im going to flip the rear wheel and re mount the brake bracket on the other side.

·
Super Moderator
2,146 Posts
I have seen backwards mounted engines as well try to keep the chain as short as humanly possible the rear suspension geometry is terrible on those it moves like a pogo stick! Locking out the rear suspension and adding some supports are definitely in order for a predator engine swap

Upgraded to hydraulic brakes!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve actually been documenting my progress if you guys are interested. So far I’ve stripped it down. Welded in a plate for the motor to mount on, cut all the fairing brackets off and now I’m getting it ready for paint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts