Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New guy here from Southern California. Just acquired my ultimate dream Go-Ped. ( I’m a scooter guy) After building countless Goped engines, I’ve got to say the Polini is by far the most superior. I’m looking to research and learn about this engine design and squeeze some more RPM out of her. Don’t know much about the power plant but only that it runs like a bat out of hell. Geared at 6/76, exceptionally fast and hard to keep the front end down. Motor for the most part is stock however, using a WJ71 Carburetor.

Any insight or links on this engine is appreciated!

Thank you,
Kevin L.

“illuder - to deceive or trick” 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
There is a number on the cylinder, when you show me the number I can say you if it's a 3 or 5port cylinder. But it's a 40cc cylinder.
From bizeta are cylinder kit's with 50cc available that would be a easy way to push the engine to 14hp with a 21mm carb.

·
Registered
610 Posts
With a other pipe I think you can also get some rpm. Why do you gear it so short 6/76?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a number on the cylinder, when you show me the number I can say you if it's a 3 or 5port cylinder. But it's a 40cc cylinder.
From bizeta are cylinder kit's with 50cc available that would be a easy way to push the engine to 14hp with a 21mm carb.
Any specific area to look? ( Am
I looking for the 316 number?) I’ve been doing some research and learned a ton about the engine. As far as the cylinder head goes, is it a direct swap? (Bolt
On, set squish and go?) Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With a other pipe I think you can also get some rpm. Why do you gear it so short 6/76?
I just received it that way. I can change the rear sprocket to anything 70-90 but the front pinion is the hard part to obtain. I found Xperformance website that sells them from Italy. I am using a Polini bell so I must use the specific Polini part. Luckily, I just found a front 7 tooth pinion.

For the type of racing we do, 45MPH is about as fast as we want to go. (Circuit Racing) What do you guys run on yours?

Also, are these engines portable? As in, opening exhaust ports, transfers with a dremel? Or is it not recommended.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any specific area to look? ( Am
I looking for the 316 number?) I’ve been doing some research and learned a ton about the engine. As far as the cylinder head goes, is it a direct swap? (Bolt
On, set squish and go?) Thank you for your help.
Yes 316 or 316A

Bzm cylinder for Polini is bolt on you will also need a bzm head.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just received it that way. I can change the rear sprocket to anything 70-90 but the front pinion is the hard part to obtain. I found Xperformance website that sells them from Italy. I am using a Polini bell so I must use the specific Polini part. Luckily, I just found a front 7 tooth pinion.

For the type of racing we do, 45MPH is about as fast as we want to go. (Circuit Racing) What do you guys run on yours?

Also, are these engines portable? As in, opening exhaust ports, transfers with a dremel? Or is it not recommended.
Portabel yes but not with a dremel, you need a 90° Porting tool and you need to know what your doing.

You should swap the origin Polini clutchbell and cover to any Autocooling bell and cover that would let live your clutch much longer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Portabel yes but not with a dremel, you need a 90° Porting tool and you need to know what your doing.

You should swap the origin Polini clutchbell and cover to any Autocooling bell and cover that would let live your clutch much longer.
Thanks for your help Chris,I will take a look when I get home. Where can we find parts for this engine? Any specific website local in the US?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I don't know any stor or shop in the USA. I'm lokated in europ.
But every shop that import Polini parts can order minibike parts from polini.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couple of upgrades to the Polini Ped. Removed nasty pipe and customized JetPro pipe to fit Polini engine.

Got a great deal on Racing Dynamics (RAD) Pocket Bike wheel set and PMT 90/110 soft compound tires.

Gearing reset to 7/76 which felt good but will switch to 6/72 for PB wheel setup. Can’t wait to test it out!

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Hand tool
Hood Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Gas Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Hand tool
Hood Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Gas Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive lighting Musical instrument Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts