Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's good fellow PBP people just joined since I recently came up huge at a garage sale, on the vintagest bike of them all. Price I paid was so low don't can't mention or y'all are gonna hate. At first, The seller, older guy, was probably the owners son Lol later when I realized how old it was could've been the owner. All original parts. Starts with only one pull. Still runs like a champ. I was inspired by nubees mr40 rebuild and was gonna basically copycat him. But later thought its still in good condition that extensive rebuild isn't needed right now. But props to him hopefully he finished. Any way Im not totally a noob to the pb scene. I had one of those 47cc cag or china bikes when the backstreets and riverbeds were flooded with them many ago. Me and my buddy use to do late night runs after we were all faded down the riverbed to long beach. We'd make it in like 30 min!! Well one night I forget to bring the tools and what luck my chain starts slipping bad, like every few minutes! We usually dust the cops but not this night. My bike gets impounded and that's the end of pb'ing since then. That bike cost $500 to get out of impound which means forget it cause I only paid $200!! Even thought that was many years ago, could definitely tell the Dandy is way more quality, the real deal, more solid, more stable, from the welds to the each little piece is quality parts made in Japan. The original tires are Bridgestone Racing RC2. Mikuni Carb. The ride is smooth more solid then The Cags. It goes faster too, almost scary fast, i need to breakout the ole helmet and pads. seems about 35mph as stated. I will use a dyno app on my phone to capture the top speed. I will post some pics of this and the bike asap. I think y'all will be impressed with how good condition it is. So far I just cleaned everything pretty good, replaced all gaskets, added hp clutch springs, spark plug. All I need to do is some fine carb tuning, minor repair/paint fairings, get original decals, windshield ,performance pipe then done. A question for my SoCal neighbors: where do you guys legally ride nowadays? I'm itchin to stretch this thing out. I just do quick runs thru my park and neighborhood maybe once if twice I go way later out of respect of my neighbors, getting this impounded is the last thing I want for this one. I don't mind criticsism as long as its constructive! Im in the 562 area, if anyone has a legit secret track or spot to run it, give me a holler!! Thanks for your time.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Rockin the Dandy! Nice that it had most the parts.. Does that Dandy use a blata engine or whats in that bad boy?

As you well know the cops dont like to seee you on the street with a pocket bike.. Here in Burbank they would ticket you for like 20 things then impound the bike.. I dont even try. We mostly ride in a huge lot in Ontario. Its a little drive but well worth it once you see the size and freedom.. Its a night and weekend spot only. When you get you bike dialed let me know.. I'm sure we will be going soon!'

Jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea my Dandy gots the original 3.5hp 40cc motor which is made in Japan. The label on it says Roland motors, but I heard it was engineered by Subaru. I just got it going again, as I had to replace the idle screw and spring which fell off, guess I forgot to put it on good. :( But hey Nipples, that sounds like a plan! I'm down to go out there and ride with y'all sometime. Probably in a few weeks or so. Busy this weekend and next weekend. Guess I'll start the repair and paint the fairings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.