Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first real (I think) pocket bike. Had a couple with one speed centrifugal clutch setup. Now I'm looking at this and don't really know where the engine ends and the transmission begins haha. Wires everywhere and who knows what's missing. I love projects though. Figured this is the place to keep me company while I learn.
Can't post attachments, just picture a tiny dirt bike in a pile of pieces here [ ]

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
You have a China made dirt bike , Has many names, mine is a ZX1 Extreme 110cc four stroke. It's a Honda clone engine, they have 50 to 125cc engines, usually 4 speed manual trans. Look at the bottom of the cyld, find the cast numbers on the bottom, 107 CM3 is a 110cc.
Do you have the left side engine cover?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! I'm already happy I joined. I don't see a clutch, seemed like it hit neutral by clicking up a few times. I tried one click up after ten downs, still dragging the tire, is that a bad sign? Nope no fly cover included. No brake handle for front, nothing in back past the wheel (drum?). Ignition is all messy and not fully hooked up. The numbers are
Tzh147fmf *80851417*
Worth the trouble?

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Ok, so you have a 90cc Honda clone engine. Thought it looked a little different than my 110cc. If it has a shifter & no clutch, you have the semi auto transmission, they slip a lot at the low end, 4 speed manual is better. It's good you have a 90, cause you can go up to 125cc w/ a high top piston/ big bore cyld kit. There are hp cams and big valve heads, even big valve, roller rocker heads and cam for $600, and carbs and all kinds of stuff for sale. Seen 125cc whole engines for $200 to $300 on Ebay, get a manual 4 speed, it will bolt right in, but you will need a clutch lever on the left handle bar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found enough info on this site to re wire and clean the carb. Had it running last night, today the kick isn't spinning the motor. Well kind of, just seems random. I'm prob in need of a pawl, but getting a manual sounds better. Currently need throttle cable, front brake handle, entire rear brake pedal and linkage, pegs, exhaust, and whatever is ate up in the transmission. There's no scene here, guess eBay it is

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
The 4 strokes are harder to work on. The kick starter is a shaft, and half gear and spring, when you push down with your foot, it grabs another gear type thing and turns the engine over, parts get worn on old and break. The parts are pretty cheap, pull the right side engine cover off and you will see, try to turn the engine, and you will see it try to engage the engine. Might be a $25 or less part. On eBay I got a 125cc ( 114cc ) hp cyld/piston kit, $50 and $25 S/H, $75, has 54mm cyld and high top piston & rings, and gaskets for top end rebuild. Is your carb a PZ19mm?

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Found enough info on this site to re wire and clean the carb. Had it running last night, today the kick isn't spinning the motor. Well kind of, just seems random. I'm prob in need of a pawl, but getting a manual sounds better. Currently need throttle cable, front brake handle, entire rear brake pedal and linkage, pegs, exhaust, and whatever is ate up in the transmission. There's no scene here, guess eBay it is
Sounds like your having a semi-auto clutchpack issue like its needing to be changed.......

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
So you need to take the clutch side case off and remove the clutch, replace it with a new one, need a special socket I believe, $15. CAM2 knows a lot more than I do. Might be able to put a real Honda semi clutch unit in place of the China one, cost abit more?? Ask CAM2?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The clutch is cheap on eBay. That would make the kick slip? I tried it again and it was catching again. That reminds me of a car slipping hot catching cool. I also cracked my flywheel (the balancer, with magnets spinning around the ignition)... Not up on the jargon yet haha. Special socket? Love tools.

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
How did you crack it, prying to get it off, think you are suppose to have a puller. That tapered shaft locks on the bell taper, and makes them hard to get off. Never had to work on my 3 China 4 stroke engines yet. For $28 I bought a Clymer Honda manual, 50cc-110cc OHC Singles 1966-1999, book # M310-13, has photos and text.
You can clean up the shaft and get a new bell when you get a clutch. I got that ignition trigger plate onsale for $12.99 and $6 shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might just buy that from you. I have no idea how I cracked it. All I know is I just touched it and it was already cracked. I wondered why it was backfire city just before I hit the kill.

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
I was talking about the ignition plate, that bell could have been cracked already, seen your clutch and bell online before. Have to look around for a good price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Without knowing what I have exactly I'm weary of ordering parts. Almost sure I found my magnito flywheel. Not very sure I found a clutch pack. I got myself a ds80 to ride while I tinker with the clone. Thanks much EPR and CAM2

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey I saw you replied to a guy and I have a similar bike. Just wanted to see if you can provide me some more information as I couldn’t find it. The numbers are TZH147FMF *70957731*

·
Registered
24,101 Posts
Sounds like you have a China bike of some type, that post is from 2014, have not seen him again. A photo would help a lot. Is it a 2 or 4 stroke. what are your F & R tire numbers??

·
Banned
21,721 Posts
Hey I saw you replied to a guy and I have a similar bike. Just wanted to see if you can provide me some more information as I couldn’t find it. The numbers are TZH147FMF *70957731*
Numbers mean very little on a chinese made bike as theres no identification database like there is with the japanese made bikes..

Posting a picture of the bike you have is the best thing to do to get model identification..

1 - 20 of 74 Posts