Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here. This forum has a lot of info so that's nice.

Just saying...

Im looking for a pocket bike that isn't too small. I'm 5'10" and I've seen these pocket bikes on tall people and it looks weird. I've looked online, but they don't have a bike that is next to a person so it's hard to judge whether the bike is the right size.

Anyways, I need a bike just to get to my gf's house. Tired of taking the car there sometimes. I live in Hayward, CA so that means I have to use the bikes (street legal) on streets filled with cars. The ideal bike would probably be something that can reach 50mph-60mph? I weight 140lbs. I want a bike that looks sporty as well. The search continues.....

Kinda skeptical on using craigslist too but if I have to I will I guess.

Any good info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
cant afford a scooter.. i mean i can, but I was planning on using that money to get my G35.

i was also thinking a go kart, but i can't find one in my area to my liking.

I've also checked another site that has x18R. I might just get that

http://www.minipocketrockets.com/x18-r-4-stroke-super-pocket-bike/

Anyone bought one from this site?

I just read or watched somewhere that the x18, and 19s are discontinued...

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Getting a X bike street legal in Ca isnt that easy... We have alot of rules here... I'm not sure how crazy the cops are in Hayward but if I was to ride any X bike on the streets of burbank the cops would have me pulled over in a second checking my licence, registration, seat height, lights that turn on with key, tires, width of signals and the list goes on and on...marcelo

But the EPA has made it super hard for imports and the X bikes are come and go.... Good luck!!:eek:

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I would go on your local Craigslist and get a small 250cc sport bike. Ive seen the ninja 250 going for $1000. Or you can look into hyosung 250R sportbike. You can get them new for around $2500. Good bike. Friend of mine had one.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
cant afford a scooter.. i mean i can, but I was planning on using that money to get my G35.

i was also thinking a go kart, but i can't find one in my area to my liking.

I've also checked another site that has x18R. I might just get that

http://www.minipocketrockets.com/x18-r-4-stroke-super-pocket-bike/

Anyone bought one from this site?

I just read or watched somewhere that the x18, and 19s are discontinued...
Ride one of those uninsured down the street and you wont have a license to drive that G35.............In my state theyre considered mini-motorcycles and if caught being ridden on public roads w/o insurance and registration is a $750.00 1st offense violation and a 3 month license suspension......

All you need is one of these.........................Youll get where ya want to go and be seen doing it so you dont become road pizza.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would go on your local Craigslist and get a small 250cc sport bike. Ive seen the ninja 250 going for $1000. Or you can look into hyosung 250R sportbike. You can get them new for around $2500. Good bike. Friend of mine had one.
I have not seen a hyosung 250r for that price. The one's here in Nor Cal go for like $4000, which is about the same price as the ninja 250/300. I'm looking for a used yamaha/suzuki r6 too.

I did see this hyosung 250r on craigslist, but it has a lot of miles. For a bike that has 37k miles i think it should be like $1500 or something but not $2000.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/3564264472.html

Ride one of those uninsured down the street and you wont have a license to drive that G35.............In my state theyre considered mini-motorcycles and if caught being ridden on public roads w/o insurance and registration is a $750.00 1st offense violation and a 3 month license suspension......

All you need is one of these.........................Youll get where ya want to go and be seen doing it so you dont become road pizza.......

Ok I will look those up..

Also, I think i will get an x18 and hopefully build it to where it can go 90mph and more.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Can't ride an X18 in California everything from the headlights, tail lights, blinkers to tires to speedo, seat height and tons more are illegal.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
They have old skool bobbers scooters with 250cc. They run about $2k.i would mind having one of those.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I have not seen a hyosung 250r for that price. The one's here in Nor Cal go for like $4000, which is about the same price as the ninja 250/300. I'm looking for a used yamaha/suzuki r6 too.

I did see this hyosung 250r on craigslist, but it has a lot of miles. For a bike that has 37k miles i think it should be like $1500 or something but not $2000.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/3564264472.html

My stand-up scooter goes 56mph and its a handful at those speeds between bumps,dips and cracks in the road......LOL

$1500.00 for a Hyosong..Thats crap........I got my 08 250 Ninja for less.................

I have way more fun with dual sport model bikes where I live....Lots of powerline roads to use as shortcuts..........LOL....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My stand-up scooter goes 56mph and its a handful at those speeds between bumps,dips and cracks in the road......LOL

$1500.00 for a Hyosong..Thats crap........I got my 08 250 Ninja for less.................

I have way more fun with dual sport model bikes where I live....Lots of powerline roads to use as shortcuts..........LOL....

And ninja is better than hyosung.

Dude for an 08 ninja less than that? I'd buy it on the spot. How many miles did it have and where you from?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
And ninja is better than hyosung.

Dude for an 08 ninja less than that? I'd buy it on the spot. How many miles did it have and where you from?
It had under 300 miles when I got it...The guy I got it from bought it for his kid...his kid layed it down and didnt want to ride it anymore so it sat in his garage for a few years without being touched..It needed a new battery,,oil change and fueltank cleaned..The windshield has a tiny crack and the fairings on the left side are scraped up badly...I got it in trade for a 2 stroke r/c car....:D........Im in NY.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.