Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
KTX dirt bike
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought a KTX Dirt bike from MPR for my 7 years old kid and after 2 days the pull start coil broke.
The cord knot was badly done in the handle so the cord went inside the coil and it seems that there is no more tension in the coil.
Since 2 weeks I`m trying to contact MPR without answer from them ( I should had read the complaints against them before buying).
I found nothing on the internet, no part, no fix so it so sad for my kid.
Do you have any idea where I can find replacement parts?

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
so here is what i know

you have the 40cc Honda 4 stroke clone engine

they use this engine on brush cutters mini water pumps a poll pounder and a few other things that i saw at North 40 so the pull starter is available from other manufactures i just have to figure out who they are its going to be a few days until i go back to North 40 so i will take note of the manufactures.

i found the starter on Walmart's website unfortunately its out of stock

you might be able to fix it but watch out when you pull that thing apart the flat spring is going to uncoil and try to cut you up so where safety glasses leather gloves and a long sleeve sweat shirt and it wont be easy to get the spring to clip back into the plastic and hold it there well you fight to recoil the spring. (i have done it before my opinion its not worth the blood shed )

·
Registered
18 Posts

They don't give measurements but looks closer. Also on ebay but more money.

Look at this on eBay

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts

They don't give measurements but looks closer. Also on ebay but more money.

Look at this on eBay
this one is different where it engages it might work ???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, it is very hard to tell from these pictures. For the cheaper price I would definitely try it. Very hit-and-miss, you could always ask the seller for more pictures.

·
Registered
KTX dirt bike
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hello,
Do you know where I can buy that entire exact Honda clone engine or the Honda one?
I really need that bike working.
My research are not giving me any good part.

*UPDATE: Forgot about the Honda engine, its the pocket bike price. Also not identical, not same size. Only similar (Ref. Honda GX35).
Found nothing on Alibaba/Aliexpress.

I still have no answer from Minipocketrocket, there is no law to protect consumers in California??

·
Registered
48 Posts
If the knot only came loose and it just sucked the cord in, technically there should be nothing broken in the starter. Try to rotate the white plastic part in the direction that it normally rotates when the cord is pulled. There may be no tension at first, but I think eventually there should be tension when it's rotated far enough. Then you just need to pull the rope end out at the right point of the white part's rotation. What I mean by this that you should not try to pull the cord out first, but rotate the white part first until you get some tension, then rotate it further until you see the rope end and then try to fish the rope end out. Might be possible though that the mechanism is such that something completely disengages from inside if the rope gets pulled in and the spring has to be reset.

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Hello,
Do you know where I can buy that entire exact Honda clone engine or the Honda one?
I really need that bike working.
My research are not giving me any good part.

*UPDATE: Forgot about the Honda engine, its the pocket bike price. Also not identical, not same size. Only similar (Ref. Honda GX35).
Found nothing on Alibaba/Aliexpress.

I still have no answer from Minipocketrocket, there is no law to protect consumers in California??
Mini pocket rockets only sells boxed bikes with no dealer prep basically they are just a middle man that buys in bulk from china then distributes.

As far as the law is concerned they are only responsible for the bike up until you sign for it. With that said it's your right to hold the delivery driver there while you open the box make sure it's the right color the right bike and nothing is broken once you sign that paper and take possession of the bike their job is done.

it's up to the manufacturer of the bike to provide any warranty since that manufacturer is in China under their laws they don't have to provide any sort of warranty.

With that said my feelings about the situation is MPR has been ripping people off for years a lot of members have tried to get them shut down there have even been members that have gone over to there physical location and apply pressure at their so-called Warehouse which is actually just a maxi space and when the pressure gets too high they just move to a different place.

unfortunately you're wasting your time trying to deal with MPR or China to do anything.

The starter on those bikes is kind of a delicate thing a lot of times people will pull them too hard or continuously jerk on the pull starter trying to start the bike until they obliterate the starter because the kill switch is in the wrong position the fuel is not turned on the carburetor has not been primed or the choke is in the wrong position and that's why the starter is out of stock right now.

Here is a link this is the same engine that you have the transmission may be different but hey you're only after the pull starter.

I would also check everything all the nuts and bolts make sure they're tight make sure that any of the bolts that have worked their way loose that you put lock tight on them...

with kids it's hard to tell them hey the thing is broken it's going to be a month or so until we can get parts and get it working again then you fix it and something else breaks. For this reason I always recommend especially for kids to just fork out the extra money or finance a Japanese branded bike such as Honda Yamaha Suzuki or Kawasaki where you have a warranty and a dealership that you can go to and always get parts or help with something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts