Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking the forums for a while and finally decided to join. Ill keep it short and sweet.

Picked this up recently. Not sure what model it is but I think it is a blata 2.5.. :confused:

Owner told me two things.

1. Replace the spark plug
2. Lube the chain

Open to any and all suggestions and I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction on any DIY's links. Any common mods, where to find parts... etc

Anything I should look into? I want to keep my bike in great shape even if it means not riding it the first month to take care of all maintance.

I also read somewhere that these overheat :eek: and I should look at the piston?????? Sorry to sound so lost...

Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this thing and just enjoying my new bike.

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Sure looks like a 2.5hp air cooled blata. Look on the engine and parts for the Blata name. That's what I like about the small bikes, they fit in your trunk. Is your carb mounted to the back of the engine?? Lot of little mods you can do. Welcome aboard, I have a 50cc C1 Blata Orgami water cooled China Copy bike, but it's pretty fast and has got some mods and more coming,lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the response EPR

Sure looks like the carb (had to google image search, such a **** NOOB LOL) is placed on the back of the engine. is this normal???

Unfortunately the mod bug hasnt bitten because I dont know where to find parts, on pocketbikeparts.com it doesnt give blata as an option and I dont know what model I can cross reference parts...

That yellow bike looks sooooooo good wanna trade haha

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
Check out midsouthminimotos online, they have some Euro parts, dont know about the 2.5 though. Blata is in the Chech. Republic, in eastern Europe, next Russia. The Chinese Cag bike engines are a copy of your bike. Yes the carb is on the back of the cases and a int manifold and a reed plate & reeds act as valves.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check out midsouthminimotos online, they have some Euro parts, dont know about the 2.5 though. Blata is in the Chech. Republic, in eastern Europe, next Russia. The Chinese Cag bike engines are a copy of your bike. Yes the carb is on the back of the cases and a int manifold and a reed plate & reeds act as valves.

Great thanks for the site. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I checked them out and they do infact have parts for the 2.5 but very limited and some like exhaust are $$$$$$$...

You say the cag bike is the copy engine and I could use their parts.

On pocketbikeparts.com there are two under the cag categories:

MTA1, CAG, DAYTONA A1, 1G and MTA2, CAG, A2, 2G

which one should I look under? thanks man

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
The parts from the China Cag engines wont fit on that blata... You might be able to mod some to fit but they will be off.. The engine is the same as the Blata 2.6. Just some of the frame and body are different.. The 2.6 has the 6.5 inch tires and rims, different brakes i believe also.. But engine parts will be the same..

You wont need to mod that bike much, it should run good.. Unless you want to go nuts with a dremel and free up air the flow a little.. CAM calls it "blueprinting" the engine...

Dont let it sit too long running because it air cooled but kids rage those things on the track. They seem to run and run... Untill the chain falls off or you bend the forks... ;)

Dont forget to premix oil... Have fun!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The parts from the China Cag engines wont fit on that blata... You might be able to mod some to fit but they will be off.. The engine is the same as the Blata 2.6. Just some of the frame and body are different.. The 2.6 has the 6.5 inch tires and rims, different brakes i believe also.. But engine parts will be the same..

You wont need to mod that bike much, it should run good.. Unless you want to go nuts with a dremel and free up air the flow a little.. CAM calls it "blueprinting" the engine...

Dont let it sit too long running because it air cooled but kids rage those things on the track. They seem to run and run... Untill the chain falls off or you bend the forks... ;)

Dont forget to premix oil... Have fun!

Thanks for explaining blueprinting, I kept reading that term but noone had explained it. Matter of fact I keep reading A LOT of terms I dont know. LOL

Also keep coming accross the 6.5" wheels mod, I am currently trying to learn about that.

I believe when you say I wont have to do much, this little thing cranks on the first try almost everytime. I read they're the slowest of the bunch but I am ok with that. It's my entry level and I want to learn them first, I plan to buy something more advanced in the future. Hopefully an x8.

Is there any place other than midsouth where I might be able to purchase a full exhaust for this bike?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pocketbikeparts.com sells parts for them I believe.Also they are local, I was there yesterday picking up some parts for the x7.they have a really nice cag on display.sadly it was not forsale.also I know a track where people run pocket bikes locally.

Ps.
Pocketbikeparts is located next to the zoo

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
I like pocketbikeparts.com but dont think they sell stuff for real blatas.. Thats a china parts store... Some parts might work but none will be the real part for the bike and might need moding.. Just make sure if you buy engine parts they are origianl blata or at least compadable..

The 6.5 mod would be just getting the bigger rims, tires and improved brakes. Might be the slowest of the blata bikes but not the slowest pocket bike... They go faster than any unmodded cag..

·
Banned
23,453 Posts
midsouthminimotos has parts, wait till you see the prices, $80 for a starter cover, I went there looking at clutches for my Polini 80mm Bell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mta2 I believe.I hear that the a1-2 are the same.
Great thanks, I wish someone could confirm but I'll buy something from MTA2 and report back on fitment.

I like pocketbikeparts.com but dont think they sell stuff for real blatas.. Thats a china parts store... Some parts might work but none will be the real part for the bike and might need moding.. Just make sure if you buy engine parts they are origianl blata or at least compadable..

The 6.5 mod would be just getting the bigger rims, tires and improved brakes. Might be the slowest of the blata bikes but not the slowest pocket bike... They go faster than any unmodded cag..
I hear ya, it's why I wish I knew for certain what china category is compatible with my bike. I don't think pbp.com sells authentic parts either, however the comment below is my problem. I don't want to cheap out on the important things like rotors and engine (I'll go authentic), but I don't mind goin with Chinese parts for exhaust for example.

midsouthminimotos has parts, wait till you see the prices, $80 for a starter cover, I went there looking at clutches for my Polini 80mm Bell.

I wanted a performance exhaust... Just a small one time fee of $150, for a used one lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Any way to accurately clock these things on MPH?

I used my car as a guide today with me on the bike and my friend driving and he said car speedo read 37mph while we were even. could that be possible?

The guy I bought it from said something about he had recently "jetted" the bike.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,304 Posts
Hell ya thats possible on a blata! Those age good little bikes... Wouldnt be surprized if you got it going faster...

Used parts are always cheaper!! New Euro Parts are crazy expensive but once you see how fast the chinese couter part might last you will soon be spending more money on the real stuff. Used or not.. lol!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.