Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats goin on everyone I just registered and today my friend gave me a pocket bike and it needs a lot of work. First off the data plate says its a 2008 xingyue xyqh098a with a 43cc 1.6hp motor. So far the main things it needs are full fairing kit, rear axle, rear break and cable and a chain. And sand blasting and paint. Does anyone know where I can get mainly the fairings and rear brakes? I'm gonna stop by this cycle shop that said they'll have the axle and chain so that might be takin care of. And for the motor I want to put something with more power any recommendations for that? In the mean time what oil should I run in the existing motor??? Im pretty sure its a 2stroke so what oil/gas mixture should I use????? If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!!!!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You have a MTA3 47cc Cag w/ rear shock, as known around here. It's really 43cc and a 40mm bore. You can go 49cc pretty easy. Alot of mods you can do yourself with a few hand tools and elbow grease.
It looked something like this when it was new.

Attachments

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Its hard to find the plastics now days.. Your best bet will be Craigslist.. Just keep looking till your same model comes up for sale..

There is one of those in palmdale for 60 bucks right now.. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the siTE!

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Thank the EPA, they made China stop importing them (or tried to) so china stopped sending parts.. Try pocketbikeparts.com.. They Might have some stuff left...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nevermind found some fairings. I wanna get into racing any suggestions on a good motor? What power levels are people running with their race bikes?

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Oh my, they are fast at the track.. You need a water cooled anything Euro.. Blata, Polini, GRC, DM, BMZ, GRC... With thousands in mods you might be able to keep up on a China bike.. Or maybe it will fall apart.. The 50cc BZM 6 port will get you moving just as fast as any.. Then its skill.... :rolleyes:

You are looking for 10hp and up to really compete..

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
There are different classes in racing, if you mod your bike too much you will end up in the open class, with $15,000+ Polini's and worst.
Better to start in the Stock class first, check out what everyone is using and learn from them. Need to know the rules, in each class, before you can build your bike. MPR in California sells that bike under a different name, the have body parts for it if your lucky, I just got a new frame from them last month.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
There are different classes in racing, if you mod your bike too much you will end up in the open class, with $15,000+ Polini's and worst.
Better to start in the Stock class first, check out what everyone is using and learn from them. Need to know the rules, in each class, before you can build your bike. MPR in California sells that bike under a different name, the have body parts for it if your lucky, I just got a new frame from them last month.
Even in the bone dead class theres some fast chinese bikes[cags]........LOL

A couple years back a member posted a vid of a modded stock cag against mostly untouched cags and the guy was lapping riders like they were half the cc's....

My stock modded 49cc 2011 trophy cag has made a bone stock 49cc engine untouched with no mods look like a kids toy and both geared the exact same........

My 15:1 43cc Evil Wasp cag makes the 2011 cag look like its bone stock and a bone stock bike cant even hold a candle to it....

If you did the comparisons I have done its pretty funny the differences and quite surprising the extra power that can be pulled just by doing a few mods with a dremel and a lil time........

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True I was thinking maybe a 5.5 horsepower race motor from pocketbikeparts.com and see how it feels. Then maybe later on down the road get something like the blata elite14 or something bigger like the x19 cr dominator.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You can get a much better engine deal on eBay.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
True I was thinking maybe a 5.5 horsepower race motor from pocketbikeparts.com and see how it feels. Then maybe later on down the road get something like the blata elite14 or something bigger like the x19 cr dominator.
Sounds like a pretty good plan .....When you move up to the watercooled bike classes youre gonna want the horsepower and that costs bux....The superbike class is a cheaper class and would be a good class but thats where youre gonna see just how racing worthy a bone stock bike is'nt straight from the box in the first few minutes of the ride ............

Good Luck with everything and with the right mods done to your current powerplant you can get a hands on approach to what your engines about and know its built to better than chinese standards...........Those so claimed high hp cag engines dont totally deliver the real goods...If you take apart the engine and blueprint it...Itll be one crazy powerhouse capable of the boasted horsepower............If you dont chances are youll get an internal failure quite quickly.......

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Even in the bone dead class theres some fast chinese bikes[cags]........LOL

A couple years back a mamber posted a vid of a modded stock cag against mostly untouched cags and the guy was lapping riders like they were half the cc's....

My stock modded 49cc 2011 trophy cag has made a bone stock 49cc engine untouched with no mods look like a kids toy and both geared the exact same........

My 15:1 43cc Evil Wasp cag makes the 2011 cag look like its bone stock and a bone stock bike cant even hold a candle to it....

If you did the comparisons I have done its pretty funny the differences and quite surprising the extra power that can be pulled just by doing a few mods with a dremel and a lil time........
Lol I bet your cags will beat any bike in the air cooled race at our local races.... I went to the races with my air cooled polini and got whooped. I wanted a faster bike after the first race.. :rolleyes: I will catch up to these kids someday!! marcelo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do you recommend me do to the current motor before getting it running??? And what is the oil/fuel mixture?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
What do you recommend me do to the current motor before getting it running??? And what is the oil/fuel mixture?

50:1 mixture............get the bike running and riding first so you can know what the difference between bone stock and stock modded is for yourself.............

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so today i put some fuel in it and whent to start it and it wont start. my petcock is weird it doesnt stop rotating. so i tried it in all positions but couldnt get it to start unless i sprayed some starting fluid in it. as i was trying to get it started my pull start cord broke so i took it off and put on one that i had laying around from a weed waker lol and i pulled it a couple times and felt like it was getting stuck then it broke again... the origanal had an aluminum case so i want to replace it with an aluminum one. will any 3 bolt work???? like from the gp-rsr 47cc ??????????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and also nm missing a lot of hardware and also rear brakes i want to buy some but dont know if ill be able to put them on. not sure how they get mouted or anything. smh maybe i should just buy another bike...... :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts