Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to pocket bikes or any motor bike period. I was given my pocket bike as a gift and just need some help to ID the make and brand of this beast. As far as I know its a 4 speed manual with a 107cc four stroke. Thanks in advance :D ****! Just realized I can't upload any pictures yet.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to pocket bikes or any motor bike period. I was given my pocket bike as a gift and just need some help to ID the make and brand of this beast. As far as I know its a 4 speed manual with a 107cc four stroke. Thanks in advance :D ****! Just realized I can't upload any pictures yet.
Make a free photobucket acct and post pictures that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
having some trouble with the charging system, im getting no voltage from the magneto harness while bike is on, here is a picture of where im checking for voltage
it doesnt smell burnt so idk whats the problem.
i checked the battery voltage while bike is running and its at 12v when i disconnect the positive cable and measure the voltage from loose power cable to ground while bike is on im getting 6v. not sure how to check the charging system on this thing this is the first time i mess around with a motorcycle. thanks for advance guys

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
having some trouble with the charging system, im getting no voltage from the magneto harness while bike is on, here is a picture of where im checking for voltage
it doesnt smell burnt so idk whats the problem.
i checked the battery voltage while bike is running and its at 12v when i disconnect the positive cable and measure the voltage from loose power cable to ground while bike is on im getting 6v. not sure how to check the charging system on this thing this is the first time i mess around with a motorcycle. thanks for advance guys
Did you check voltage coming out of voltage regulator?.......The power coming from the stator will be an a/c current...the rectifier changes it to regulated DC current........The black wire on the rectifier should show voltage and when revved up to like 3/4 throttle will see voltage at 12 volts........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you check voltage coming out of voltage regulator?.......The power coming from the stator will be an a/c current...the rectifier changes it to regulated DC current........The black wire on the rectifier should show voltage and when revved up to like 3/4 throttle will see voltage at 12 volts........
I only saw 12v from a black wire with red tracer from the rectifier, did not increase under acceleration.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I only saw 12v from a black wire with red tracer from the rectifier, did not increase under acceleration.
The charging system is only 50 watts.........disconnect the battery and run the test..........If nothing do an a/c test on the yellow and white stator wire...........If nothing you need a new stator...If theres a/c voltage get a new rectifier........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The charging system is only 50 watts.........disconnect the battery and run the test..........If nothing do an a/c test on the yellow and white stator wire...........If nothing you need a new stator...If theres a/c voltage get a new rectifier........
Will do, I'll check once I get to work. Again thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok just got a bit of free time to recheck it, I started it up and let it warm up for a bit, I again checked voltage at the battery post with both wires on and this time its actually charging. I did nothing else to it other than put the stator covet back on. It's consistently charging at 13v and higher when rev'd

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ok just got a bit of free time to recheck it, I started it up and let it warm up for a bit, I again checked voltage at the battery post with both wires on and this time its actually charging. I did nothing else to it other than put the stator covet back on. It's consistently charging at 13v and higher when rev'd
Sounds like either a bad wire connection or a faulty rectifier........Its good to hear its working now....Good Luck..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like either a bad wire connection or a faulty rectifier........Its good to hear its working now....Good Luck..
Is there a way to get a bit more charging power from it? I added a bigger light bulb for a headlamp and noticed that the charging volts drop to low 12s when I turn on the headlamp. I also would like to add a rear brake running light to turn on with the head lamp. Any ideas?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Is there a way to get a bit more charging power from it? I added a bigger light bulb for a headlamp and noticed that the charging volts drop to low 12s when I turn on the headlamp. I also would like to add a rear brake running light to turn on with the head lamp. Any ideas?
On my X15 I upgraded my charging system to 100watts and added an upgraded rectifier too............i got the upgraded stator from electrosport......I think it was $97 dollars shipped and the rectifier $45....I did the upgrade back in 08 and Ive modded many-many bikes since then......

Another thing you can do is add an Odyssey deep cycle battery

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
On my X15 I upgraded my charging system to 100watts and added an upgraded rectifier too............i got the upgraded stator from electrosport......I think it was $97 dollars shipped and the rectifier $45....I did the upgrade back in 08 and Ive modded many-many bikes since then......

Another thing you can do is add an Odyssey deep cycle battery
Thanks for the info, I plan to add turn signals and the rear light. I used a fog lamp from a 2011 dodge challlenger that I had lying around for the headlamp. Looks pretty neat

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Nice looking bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.