Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got what I believe to be a BanShee Sho. Included with the purchase was another mini bike, not exactly sure what it is. It does look to be almost a universal air cooled 49cc 2 stroke, little sport bike typa thing. I got these mini bikes because I got sick of working on my car, I wanted faster results and my buddy had just got a boreem mini chopper. I have no experience with mini bikes, let alone 2 strokes. Found two bikes on my local marketplace site and scooped them both up for $200. Tore apart the air cooled bike fairly quickly, the seller said the block had grenaded. The block is clearly damaged however it still makes compression, so I think the issue is the carb. Haven't made much progress on the air cooled bike. Initially thought the BanShee was locked up, as the clutch nor the flywheel would budge. This also kept the rear wheel locked so you would have to drag it around to move it. Only started digging into the BanShee today. Took off the large exhaust and the single plastic piece that came with the bike. I wasn't able to get the engine out of the mounts, as the bolts are severely rusted. Finally removed the front of the clutch, only to find one of the legs on the clutch had rotted. This is what was preventing the motor from moving. Put back on the exhaust, carb, and gas tank just in time for Boreem man to bring some fuel. Fired off fairly quickly on brake cleaner, so we actually put fuel in it. Motor was a little hesitant at first but with a little bit of tuning on the carb, got it running and revving nice. Extremely surprised that the BanShee actually started and let alone ran. Got lots of things left to do to get the bike to a driving state. It needs a clutch, needs a fuel filter and fuel lines. It could also use the plastics, a chain and a new carb.

·
Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
53 Posts
Welcome here and it sounds like you have a new hobby. The Banshee is supposed to be quite fast, probably best to start your riding with the aircooled one. The tinkering with these bikes is part of the fun, they do need lots of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts