Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new motor came in, Not to happy with it right now. The string doe the pull start is to hard to pull with any force, so I can't get the dam thing started, Also for the record the stock exhaust will not fit this engine, also no customer service number to call no instructions came with it either

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After much work and a nice sore on my hand I got the bike to start... From there it reved up and tried to take off in my hand, I know I got the kill switch hooked up right now lol. Dont know why I am having issues throttle, any ideas, when I twist, it not going back?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the chain and started it back up, the front sprocket is spending like crazy, I got the throttle to work, when I twist it does what it should, but Sprocket is moving fast regardless

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
After much work and a nice sore on my hand I got the bike to start... From there it reved up and tried to take off in my hand, I know I got the kill switch hooked up right now lol. Dont know why I am having issues throttle, any ideas, when I twist, it not going back?
Is the spring for the carburetor in there? it's supposed to pull the carburetor closed after you let the throttle go.

Otherwise, maybe the idle is set too high, or it could even be an air leak.

Got any pictures?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Pics would definitely help allot on this one, it sounds like you have it together right from your description so it could be that the cable you're using has too much resistance. if you unscrew the part the spring is under and have it out does the spring pull the throttle back after you twist it?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
I Think I got it, The part inside the carburetor where the throttle cable connects to, it's called the "Slide" It could easily be installed backwards, to be sure it's not, locate the side of the carb with the idle screw, verify that the "Groove" on the slide is on the same side as the idle screw.

I have made that mistake before (2005) and had similar issues.

I could take some pictures for you if you wanted.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Yeah, if you put the carb piston in backwards it will rev out of control.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Sounds like you need to lengthen the throttle cable....................Are you using a del rep carb with the 90 degree elbow on top?

If youre using the elbow you need to unscrew it from the del rep top and screw in the stock cag carb adjuster on top of the del rep...............That will lengthen the cable enough to work correctly.........

This method works with the 19mm PBHG carbs aswell but you also have to unscrew the aluminum endcap off the end of the cable then slit the plastic cable sheathing 3/8"-1/2" with a razor blade and unwind the inner core,,cut it off with a wire cutter and screw the aluminum endcap back on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts