Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am old (61) LOL

I have been riding for almost 50 years and was a weekend "club" racer in my 20's at the old Byar Motor Sport in NH on Yamaha 350's and then big bore twins.

I just bought 3 used X1's with one almost like new and 2 in need of a degree of repair to get the grandkids going on bikes and racing.

I am sure I will around asking lots of questions.

Arthur

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the site.....X1's are descent starter bikes....Ive had a fair share of them...getting them running isnt overly hard,,,just stick with the basics...mix the fuel fresh,...93 octane mixed to 42:1....sparkplug is NGK BPM7A..Plug gap is .030"...........Good Luck.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Welcome to the site. Do you have any pictures of your x1's?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Repo

I will post some pictures when i "earn" the right to do so.

I paticipate in 3 different forums including 1 on my current ride and touring 5th wheels and Ford Diesels and I have never seen the "earn" your way into posting thing that is done here.
O Well

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Repo

I will post some pictures when i "earn" the right to do so.

I paticipate in 3 different forums including 1 on my current ride and touring 5th wheels and Ford Diesels and I have never seen the "earn" your way into posting thing that is done here.
O Well
Start a free photobucket account...Then you dont have to wait.........

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Its so the spammers cant post pictures of stuff.

Photobucket . Com you can make a free acct.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
or just blab enough like the rest of us lol
welcome old guy, im 41 and i didnt think id ever say that on this forum, lol wudda ya know
im corrupting my G kids too

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Repo

The 15 rule has nothing to do with protecting from spammers!

Spamming is controled by a good registration process that keeps them out. Duh You cant post on a board until you register and one spam and you are out! Thats waht controls spam no the 15 rule. The 15 rule is driven by a desire to be "exclusive"

I am on 3 much larger and more active boards and that is not what they use to control spaming

I'll live with it because I expect to gain from the members but not because it makes good sense or controls anything.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Repo

The 15 rule has nothing to do with protecting from spammers!

Spamming is controled by a good registration process that keeps them out. Duh You cant post on a board until you register and one spam and you are out! Thats waht controls spam no the 15 rule. The 15 rule is driven by a desire to be "exclusive"

I am on 3 much larger and more active boards and that is not what they use to control spaming

I'll live with it because I expect to gain from the members but not because it makes good sense or controls anything.
lol!!! You are at 5 posts... Only 10 more!!! phpBB I'm sure suggests it as a spammer detour.. I've built a forum or two and know spammers are crazy and very abundant. Anything that makes it harder for them to post ads and lame pictures will help keep them away or at least keep pictures or ads posted on the first post..

Might not be the best way to keep them out or ads off but this is an open source forum. The spammers will get in reguardless... BTW I have nothing to do with this site, just saying... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Site, the X1 was my first bike... I loved it.. Grandkids should be stoked!!!

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.