Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone -
I've joined this site in the hopes of obtaining information and education on pocket bikes. I bought a cag 43cc for my daughter and just trying my best to find my way around, ask questions, learn, etc .... better educate myself too when having to deal with technicians & mechanics when problems arise with the bike (which is the largest problem I am experiencing at the moment.) My daughter has shown interest in all this and its always helpful with a supportive, knowledgeable Mom - I'm a work in progress (be gentle). Look forward to the new challenge. Thanks for your time.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Welcome aboard, there is alot of knowlege hear. Look around, ask questions,
you can learn the basics to keeping them running.
Ther are so many different bikes and sizes, we need to know what kind of bike it is and what engine and or tranmission you have.
Would help alot if you post a photo, here or on photobucket or something like that so we can see. Or what did they call the bike where you bought it??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I believe they call it a Cagllari Daytona Pocket Bike....43cc, 2 Stroke, Air Cooled... chain drive.... *sigh* will post a photo when I get it out of the shop :/ I've been digging through the threads looking for answers and haven't run across one as of yet ... this is where I should have been before buying it among other things but was a last minute xmas buy ... lesson learnt. My daughter has yet to park her butt on the seat and ride it... my first order of business is being able to familiarize myself with every component of the bike so I know it is or isn't supposed to look like that, move like that, smell like that, run like that, etc - safety.... and finding someone who has/had one alike will greatly help. She can pick up the rest as she moves forward.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I know the 47cc ( 40cc ) Cag as we call it at PBP very well. Did you get it from MPR, or on the East Coast?? There all the same, there all made in China, the same bike has many names, MTA1 is a Cag too, remember that when you order parts. It's a half fairing cag my first gas bike, the Razor Rocket electric was the first. I have 8 bikes now and I am putting a gas engine in the electric bike and building a 2 engine Cag drag bike. Its a reed port engine, on the back side of the engine is 4 bolts holding the reeds plate w/ reeds that open and close and the intake manifold to the cases. The reeds are like the valves in your car head, then the carb. The exhaust port is on the bottom of the head facing down. Did, you say you put it in the shop?? Cost to much to pay someone. If you can hold a straight slot & philips screwdriver, a few wrenches, and allen wrenches will get you started. The bike should have a tool kit. Everything is Metric.
Did you contact the people you got it from when you first had trouble, Visa will back you up if you charged it. But may be to late now. No matter what you have to work on them 80% of the time and ride them 20%,lol,lol.
So, what is the problem with the bike?? You need to check all the bolts and make sure there tight. they vibrate alot, we use blue thread sealer on some stuff. You can get seriously hurt on these bike, I have one that has alot of mods and does close to 35mph. I recommend elbow & knee pads, helmet and gloves.
My avatar bike is a Lucky 7 Cag., the engine started as a 47cc Cag, built the bike from parts and a frame I got on ebay. One of the best place for parts is pocketbikeparts in Florida, put a www. first and a .com on the end, they have icons for your MTA1 and engine and you just click on them and they take you to parts that fit your bike, even better they have an info/order phone an you can call, ther Cool and they have good prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a west coast purchase. Yes, its in the shop. I am having a time with the seller, more so the customer service/technician who promptly argued and verbally abused me over the phone last night. I'm not a complete "dummy" but after 3 days of messing with it to get it started, I had to call in a favor. One of the three pads inside the clutch came off - problem fixed.
... the user manual is not user friendly and things don't match. The 2nd issue was with the rear brake disk bent in shipping which is causing the brake to stick... tech says pics don't look bent. Its an easy self fix with a towel and hammer... but I'd rather have the part replaced.
3rd issue is... all bolts were checked and re-checked and he used thread sealer but he also says there is no bottom bearing in the goose neck causing extreme play in the fork assembly... sent pics and vids... rep says that's the way it is... another self fix but dang... so yeah its in the shop not costing me anything at the moment but time and harassment ... its just not cool to have this amount of conflict with the company, unresolved issues, refusal to fix/repair, etc and call the consumer names over the phone SO yeah filing complaints in progress... I just want the dang thing "right" .... I expected problems but I didn't expect what I'm getting.
Im a jackie of many trades, master of none and that's why I am here... I can do this! hahaha
Yeah, I know you can get hurt on these things - safety is my #1 priority with her - gear & helmet is a must! She wants to try it out, I support it and I know its something that will go further and bigger with her so I gotta prepare :) Thanks for the info... I've favorite'd the site and will go back later and check out in detail... it's one of those live and learn processes... had it not been a spare of the moment xmas gift I would have looked into it fully instead of letting my kid hand me a website and say "that's it Mom"... failure on my part but regardless, if they comply - great, if not I can be a butthead too... simplicity my friend, its needed at this point... as for the 80% work 20% ride - that part I already knew growing up with brothers... really appreciate your time and advice!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
One time I got a bike part off eBay using PayPal, on my Visa card, all three were on there backs,lol.
Broken front fork is totally not Cool. My A1 Cag came from MPR, tail broken off by UPS. My X18R Nitro the truckers stood it on end and it had colored photos of the bike on all 4 sides. I was there when he opened the back door and the truck had STI on the side, I asked him can't you see the photos, what does the STI stand for Stupid Truckers Inc, I thought a fight was going to break out, after paying big bucks to ship it.
I just spent 2 days 6 hrs a day on my 49cc scooter trans/clutch stuff and the bent rear axle,lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
how old is your daughter ?
there are orginainzations all over with young new riders "friends" to ride with
its a great alternative to stick and ball sports!
alot of fun and plenty of room to grow in the sport to bigger bikes
who knows mabey mom will get out there and ride with daughter!
fun for the whole family and good for the lil ones to progress and the sport as a whole to get lil ones into riding they are the future of the sport

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MPR - I have nothing good to say therefore I shall keep my fingers silent on that! Think I should have printed out a pic and wrapped it in a large box saying "it's your but you'll have to wait" and looked a little deeper into this, especially shipping something from the west coast to the east coast .... can you say nightmare? Lesson learnt!!
She's a 13yr old soccer & basketball love'n tomboy :)
She's been looking into rider friends but because we live so far off the beaten path - travel is involved which is all good...
HA Mom isn't getting out there and riding... my adrenaline junky days are overrrr... have the battered body that says so :/
they can pick up where I left off...
once this bike is operable I'm sure I'll be looking for another soon... my youngest, lil miss no fear, will want one too (gawd help me)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
She will have a ball on these bikes. Later she might want a bigger bike for about $700 + S/H, you can get a full fairing 110cc, 4 stroke.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Everyone -
I've joined this site in the hopes of obtaining information and education on pocket bikes. I bought a cag 43cc for my daughter and just trying my best to find my way around, ask questions, learn, etc .... better educate myself too when having to deal with technicians & mechanics when problems arise with the bike (which is the largest problem I am experiencing at the moment.) My daughter has shown interest in all this and its always helpful with a supportive, knowledgeable Mom - I'm a work in progress (be gentle). Look forward to the new challenge. Thanks for your time.

Yes I want to ask a question is this bike like the other bike I mean is their any gear system or simply we have to exhilarate.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You can get a CVT trans thats fits the Zenoah and Cag engines, its big and cost $75 or so, think they used them on X2 mid bikes.. It has a pully that changes size to gear higher as the rpms increase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
good to have you along for the ride. I too have absolutely nothing good to say about MPR. the crap they sent me is staggering! body cracked, welds missing all together on right part of the swing arm, the flywheel has two blades broken off (sent from china that way because it is painted over the broken fans), my four yr old son broke the weld on the handlebar sitting on the bike leaning forward in the riding position. there is no excuse for selling that kind of crap! I would have been ****ED if it would have happened while he was riding. front forks where bent. It has not been a good, fun experience as of yet. all the parts and time I have put in this thing already, should have spent the money on a Polini or a blata, even though he is just getting started, I have almost that much in replacement parts that are quality enough just to feel safe that they won't fail just cruising in a parking lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This has def been a well learnt lesson for me. I got a lot of feed back from this forum and everyone's been more than generous to offer options, opinions, support and such. I am fortunate that I have a close-by family member who was able to rip this bike apart and reassemble it to SAFETY. I've gotten absolutely no where with the company I purchased it from and it certainly will not get any positive feedback from me. The line was crossed when I was verbally assaulted over the phone by a tech. The measure's I've taken may or many not hold weight or do anything but I've certainly taken them that will require someone within that organization a paperwork migraine along with restitution in some manner. None-the-less my daughter will be on her bike FINALLY after 2.5 months of being inoperable.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
My C1 was down for 8 months, and I was not a happy camper. All 8 of my bikes have been gone over. It helps to use 8.8grade bolts to mount the engine to the frame and the real important stuff.
Hopes she gets to ride it soon, it will be worth it once you ride it, then she will want to go faster before long and be here looking for mods,lol,lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts