Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i brought a pocket bike and found out it was a blata mta4 and its water cooled i think and i first got it it started good and ran good and i rode it only once and my pull string broke and took off the cover and the nut in the cover was stripped and tried taking the nut off and it snapped so i ordered a new one Blata MTA4 Mini Pocket Bike Pull Start 33cc 43cc PU05 on eBay! and i was impatient and tried starting it with a drill i didn't do it more than 20 seconds and stopped and my pull start is coming Monday do you think its still working? or did i **** it up ?when i turn the fly wheel it has compression and not hard to turn :/
dont flame me .and how much would it be to fix it if its messed up
[/URL]

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Your bike looks like an Origami B1/C1 which is a Blata knockoff...............It most likely has a blown head gasket.....Look under the pullstarter for the waterpump belt and make sure its not broken.......

Viton head gaskets are around $20 bux or so and aslong as the headcaps not warped its a pretty straightforward fix.................

Check to see if it has water in the rad then do a compression test.......You need to come up over 100psi.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yes, Cam is right on the money! <---Nice work Dude!

There is another dude on this forum that really know's a thing or two about the MT-A4 (C1)

Link: http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f83/nicks-water-cooled-bikes-admin-60501.html

Maybe he'll be here soon. :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

A blown head-gasket should also leave you with, some extra white (not the normal black) smoke, as well as a half cup full of water in the U-shaped header part of the exhaust.

Head gasket's get blown usually, when cooling systems are not working.

Like Cam was saying, with the pull start off, you'll see the big round thing (Flywheel) and then to the front of that is the smaller round thing (water pump pulley) and between them needs to be a (usually black) O-ring which takes power off of the flywheel and transfers it up to the water pump pulley.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nah, that guy's never online .... rarely checks in .... :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your bike looks like an Origami B1/C1 which is a Blata knockoff...............It most likely has a blown head gasket.....Look under the pullstarter for the waterpump belt and make sure its not broken.......

Viton head gaskets are around $20 bux or so and aslong as the headcaps not warped its a pretty straightforward fix.................

Check to see if it has water in the rad then do a compression test.......You need to come up over 100psi.
well that mean i probably messed it up with a drill but is there a possibility that it still runs when i get the pull start monday?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
well that mean i probably messed it up with a drill but is there a possibility that it still runs when i get the pull start monday?
I don't think spinning the engine with a 1/4hp drill @ 300 RPM's is going to be what caused any damage, the engine spins up to 15,000RPM's and with around (6-7hp, when stock and working right) So, don't worry about the whole drill thing.

Wait for the pull start, and we will go from there O.K. ??

Don't worry so much, these little engines are SILLY easy to work on!

We will keep helping FOR FREE! <----but you have to promise to be MORE HAPPY about such a cool little bike!

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Nah, trust me - if you messed it up with a drill, you'd know immediately. Most of the time, the torque on the drill breaks the head of the flywheel bolt off, meaning you now have to drill it and use a broken bolt extractor to get what's left of the bolt out. Instead of a quick "Zing!" and off to the races, now you have to put in about an hour's worth of work to get the bolt out and put a new one in, provided you already have one to put back in.

Patience, grasshoppa, patience ..... I know you want to ride real bad, but take it easy. You'll get to ride soon, but your bike has to be in working order first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think spinning the engine with a 1/4hp drill @ 300 RPM's is going to be what caused any damage, the engine spins up to 15,000RPM's and with around (6-7hp, when stock and working right) So, don't worry about the whole drill thing.

Wait for the pull start, and we will go from there O.K. ??

Don't worry so much, these little engines are SILLY easy to work on!

We will keep helping FOR FREE! <----but you have to promise to be MORE HAPPY about such a cool little bike!
thanks i noticed you have alot of bikes and i wanna be like you :p but alright i checked and found out my water pump belt snapped so im going to try to take the fly wheel off tomorrow but i tried today and failed getting the flywheel nut off .it might be a newb question which way to take the fly wheel nut is it lefty or righty ?and how can i hold the fly wheel to take the nut off. and can i buy the belt localy? like a hardware store or auto part store? thanks alot

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
thanks i noticed you have alot of bikes and i wanna be like you :p but alright i checked and found out my water pump belt snapped so im going to try to take the fly wheel off tomorrow but i tried today and failed getting the flywheel nut off .it might be a newb question which way to take the fly wheel nut is it lefty or righty ?and how can i hold the fly wheel to take the nut off. and can i buy the belt localy? like a hardware store or auto part store? thanks alot
Nicks got one way to get it off and it takes some muscle at times but a good learning experience............

I use either an 18v impact gun or a 120volt mega torque DeWalt.................Yeah Im lazy.....lol...........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nicks got one way to get it off and it takes some muscle at times but a good learning experience............

I use either an 18v impact gun or a 120volt mega torque DeWalt.................Yeah Im lazy.....lol...........

i already fixed that now i started it and it and it dont move i lift the back up and the tire dont even spin

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
alright put everything back together runs great but it wont move did i put the clutch cover on wrong? help fast
Nice job getting it running again.........................Pull the clutchbell and check it out...Its a possibility you may of installed them backwards or too tight.................

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice job getting it running again.........................Pull the clutchbell and check it out...Its a possibility you may of installed them backwards or too tight.................
my chains a little loose can that be the problem? i only took the clutch housing off just to take the fly wheel bolt of hmm idk i lift it off the ground it dont even move the tire

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
More information will be needed, is it revving really high and the wheel will not spin at all?

If you put the rear wheel up on the stand, will it rev higher then?

It could be the "top end" <---- :eek:

But lets hope it's just the clutch, loosen them a little bit, if that doesn't work tighten them a little bit,
if that doesn't work, measure the springs to make sure they are all set the same!

Nick.

brb with some pictures, Just for you, all you other members better look away!

:p:thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More information will be needed, is it revving really high and the wheel will not spin at all?

If you put the rear wheel up on the stand, will it rev higher then?

It could be the "top end" <---- :eek:

But lets hope it's just the clutch, loosen them a little bit, if that doesn't work tighten them a little bit, if that doesn't work, measure the springs to make sure they are all set the same!

Nick.

brb with some pictures, Just for you, all you other members better look away!

:p:thumbsup:
alright it sounds like its a high rev when i start it and i look in the hole in the clutch and the clutch is moving fast it never had problems before and i reved it high and the tire started moving kinda fast

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
here you go....

21mm is a good starting spot.

I'm 200lbs so I run them a bit tighter. tighter (smaller on the springs) = higher RPM's before it opens,
and looser (longer on the springs) = lower RPM's before it opens.

8500rpm is right in there!

Nick.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts