Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, picked up a fairly cheap bike. Cheap for my area anyway. Looks like quite a lot of HP parts. When it warms a little I will fire it up and then check it over. It came with a seat fairing as well. Any suggestions???

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
The best tuning part on these engine is a good pipe and a good carburetor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That exhaust is junk. We call it a poop pipe back in the day
Looks better than the new 'stock' ones. This chamber is pretty big and long. I am not gonna complain if it is even a slight upgrade. Gonna check for a rocket key, check squish, and anything else I can find so I know where I am starting.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The poop pipe has a design flaw. The chamber is too far back to be effective. I assume you could move the chamber closer to fix the problem.
There are several good pipes out there. I only know of 2 just off hand. The pro-jet and the fatboy. The pro-jet has a good mid rpm powerband and the fatboy has a good high rpm powerband

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The poop pipe has a design flaw. The chamber is too far back to be effective. I assume you could move the chamber closer to fix the problem.
There are several good pipes out there. I only know of 2 just off hand. The pro-jet and the fatboy. The pro-jet has a good mid rpm powerband and the fatboy has a good high rpm powerband
Neither one of those pipes I have seen for sale. I figured if I got some sort of pipe would be better than stock. I'll have to measure but I thought when I measured The pipes chamber Is the same distance On this pipe as well as a stock one. I'll remeasure and let you know. I have a stock pipe laying around somewhere .
I have thought about buying an X1 Fatty pipe and Getting a j Bend and putting the pipe together . We'll see

·
Super Moderator
2,583 Posts
No one is makeing good aftermarket CAG pipes anymore Take a stock pipe remove 1 inch from the j bend then add 3 inches to the belly

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a 40cc 4.2 polini pipe or a 6.2
I would definitely love A nice pipe. Must be nice to live in Europe where the stuff is regularly available . I haven't seen any pipes like that around here for sale, or online in the US.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I can offer you a snake pipe without curve for 20€ + shipping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it just snowed again here. Pretty soon I'm going to do some more checks on this engine post up some pictures. Still working on possible different exhaust but for now I just want to see where I'm starting with this one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you could shorten the header length then it will probably be a quite ok pipe, with my dirtbike i modded a gianelli pipe from a derbi senda 50cc bike to fit my dirt bike, and knowing this pipe is a blast in the high rpms, i was only making power to 10k rpm due the fact that i made my header too long, i shortened it up and now the power just keeps comming from 8k all the way up to 14.5k rpm (in pic; the too long header)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I plan on buying some bigger piping to make some good headers, I really want a slip roller to make my own pipes. For now, I can stick with modified stock exhausts. I still might be a fatty of some sort. Ha

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yeah, I plan on buying some bigger piping to make some good headers, I really want a slip roller to make my own pipes. For now, I can stick with modified stock exhausts. I still might be a fatty of some sort. Ha
Here in europe theres plenty of second hand moped performance pipes for 50 to 70cc 2 stroke engines, i usually buy some pipes for cheap when i need to have a pipe for a engine.

I cut them in pieces with a cuttingdisc then mount back the pieces together to create a fitting shape for what ever machine or bike that build it for, then i weld it all back together with a oxygen acythelene torch.

I already done quite some pipes like this

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those chainsaw pipes are awesome. I have thought about 2 stroke dirtbike pipes, not a lot for sale, when they do they are pricey. I will keep on the prowl. Then try my welding skills again.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thanks, i love how ryobi designed the cylinder and intake, the only downside i found is that it is only 35cc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts