Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Look up the mods to do to a Cag................Everything you can do to a cag you can do to a quad basically......................

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx! would i have to change the clutch house in order to change the pinion to a bigger size like a 7,8, or 9 pinion ? Ive heard its too difficult to change the rear sprocket, is it ? and what size rear sprocket do you prefer ?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
The rear sprocket isnt too hard to change....I have a pocket quad rear setup on a homemade r/c buggy I built................

You just prop up the rear,,remove the rear tires,,remove the rear brake caliper,,loosen and remove the eccentric bearing straps,,drop the rear and slide it free from the chain...........heat the screws to liquify the loctite and remove the screws attaching the sprocket............

Count how many teeth you have...........60 tooth is the smallest rear sprocket you can get but youll need to increase bottomend power to run topend gearing........

A pocketquad has alot of hp friction loss through its 4 tires and locked axle already......

Removing the pinion isnt hard either with the right tools and the knowhow...............I use an 18volt cordless impact gun with an Endeavor Gator Grip socket........works like a charm for me...Lefty loosy;-Righty tighty

You can always buy a whole housing also for $24 bux shipped to save time in changing out the pinion.................

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thank you CAM!!!!
No problem Nick...........Im glad to help out fellow members......

Remember folks you seen it written and learned how to debug/mod chinese made stuff here at PBP first!

Nick...That frame in your avatar pic looks kind of like my old 39cc watercooled Polini machine I sold shortly before breaking my neck on my Blata 2.5 a/c...But better because its American made/designed......!

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Absolutely Nick...............Just slapping a BigBore kit on a stock bottomend does very little............With the right case porting of the stock lower end and blueprinting of the BB kit it can make one formidable weapon............

Stock....................

Modded.....................

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks Nick........Porting small displacement 2 smokers is way easier to port than a nitro r/c engine and I enjoy it way more.......

After posting the upcoming thread Im planning;- showing how choked the bottom end is and how much the cylinder skirts choke the transfer ports theyll be some unhappy members knowing and seeing it.............

Heres a preview.............

The 3rd port is gonna be widened another 5/16" to match the window in the piston...........

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Theres only one screw on the side of the carb.It has a spring........The newer carbs have a rubber plug over the screw....................

That screw on the carb side is the idle screw............stock carbs dont have an air/fuel adjust screw..................

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea ive discovered some grey rubbery stuff over my idle hole as you said ! I guess ill be gettin a new carb...I recently replaced all 3 clutch springs but the quad still tends to rev up on its own when the choke is positioned downward ?!?!

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You have that crappy carb.............It took me 2 hours to realize the newest and latest design cag carbs are harder to iron out than the 2008 models so I parted it and chucked the body...............lol

If you have the newer carb then you also have this type exhaust and this is whats inside.......Surprise!

If you dont get rid of the exhaust it will eventually look like this....why the chinese bolted the heatshield to the exhaust instead of the frame is beyond me.................

1 - 20 of 32 Posts