Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just bought a used Polini 911R in pretty good condition.

I have just a few things that I want to clear up before I start using it too much.

1. Would the NGK B9ES be a good plug for the bike? Does the 911R have short threads or long threads? I think they are long.

2. Engine ice will probably be my coolant of choice, but the previous owner used regular coolant mixed with distilled water, do I need to change?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
The B9es is a short thread plug if I remember right. The only reason to change your coolant would be to ride on a track they wont allow regular anti freeze at the tracks. Engine ice is the best

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the owner has told me that I should replace the water pump o-ring when I get a chance because the one currently on the bike is a little loose.

Where would you guys recommend me going to get this part?

Also, when I put a new rear tire on the bike, should I go with the hard or soft ones?

thanks, I am starting from scratch here. NOOB

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
You can get a O-ring at Aces hardware Its a #292 I believe. Take your old one with you and match it up and grab a couple of them. I would go with the PMT's T41

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tire size is 110-50-6.5 and it appears that mid-south-mini-moto does not have any more of those in stock.

I have to get the exact size, correct?

The website says call to check for availabilty, I assume that means not in stock, but I will prolly still give them a ring.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, so the second number just relates to the size of the sidewall? So I would be okay with a 110/55R/6.5" T41

Right?

Thanks again for everyone who helps me out.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Ya I think they would fit.. But E-mail Stoney at Mid South.. I'm almost positive the have them..

Good luck!

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Randy at SP4Less has a set of ultra soft Cag slicks onsale for $40 plus S/H $16 or something I just put a set on my 50cc C1, great for the money, there China tires but alot softer than they come stock.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I just PMed you with a message with a few places, MidSouth has some Polini parts, hold on to your Wallet,lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have another question about tires for my bike. The tires are tubeless, correct? Is it optional to use an innertube on these 6.5" wheels?

How difficult is it to set the bead?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I have another question about tires for my bike. The tires are tubeless, correct? Is it optional to use an innertube on these 6.5" wheels?

How difficult is it to set the bead?

Yes you can put tubes in tubeless tires...............Its not difficult to set a bead when you use soapy water on buth beads before inflating..........

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I would get some tubes and put them in, both mine leak all the air out in a couple of days. I cleaned and polish the rim beads, and everything look great but they still leak. I just bought 4 tubes from PB Parts in florida 90/100 x 6.5",$7.95 ea. My tires where on the rim by the time my tubes came, so not this time. I use Napa tire goop in the tires that leak, even my new X18 road legal scooter tire leaked. The rims and rubber on these tires do not seal very good. I like the tubes cause if your bead goes down at 30mph the road becomes a slide,lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another question everybody...

So i just got my bike in the mail today. It was basically ready to go besides me putting the handlebars bar in place and putting the rear brakes back together. It took me a while to figure out the fuel tap was screwed shut, but as soon as I figured that out...the bike started in one pull.

This is my first pocket bike, and the first one I have even seen in person. It was pretty **** fun. More pickup than I could have imagined on this little bike! Previous owner said there was a cylinder and piston upgrade on the bike, and it puts out around 14hp now.

My next question is about the cooling sytem. I know that you should let the bike warm up for a minute or two before hitting the throttle hard and you should let the bike cool down for a few minutes after a good ride.

Does the bike have to be running for the coolant system to operate? Can I theoretically just walk the bike around while it is off or should I just ride it around slowly for a minute. What are your preferred methods for cooling down a W/C bike?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Another question everybody...

So i just got my bike in the mail today. It was basically ready to go besides me putting the handlebars bar in place and putting the rear brakes back together. It took me a while to figure out the fuel tap was screwed shut, but as soon as I figured that out...the bike started in one pull.

This is my first pocket bike, and the first one I have even seen in person. It was pretty **** fun. More pickup than I could have imagined on this little bike! Previous owner said there was a cylinder and piston upgrade on the bike, and it puts out around 14hp now.

My next question is about the cooling sytem. I know that you should let the bike warm up for a minute or two before hitting the throttle hard and you should let the bike cool down for a few minutes after a good ride.

Does the bike have to be running for the coolant system to operate? Can I theoretically just walk the bike around while it is off or should I just ride it around slowly for a minute. What are your preferred methods for cooling down a W/C bike?
Yeah they are fun.......The waterpump doesnt turn unless the rearwheel is spinning......Unless its boiling hot I just let it cooldown naturally..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On my 40cc Polini copy engine I got a good used Banshee clutch housing w/ pully behind the pinion for $40 from Capt.Highsider and got a $25 water pump and made a bracket out of a zinc plated shed hinge. Don't like the pully on the rear wheel cause I don't have one, I got the engine used.
Anyway, with the Polini bell you need an 80mm clutch, cause my stock clutch looks like a 3 shoe 76mm Cag clutch & needs a 78mm bell.
Tsun in Canada has Banshee housing w/ pully for $60, there China made, not sure of the bell size but they have phone. Talk to Jay.
My stock Polini clutch is a three shoe, I want a new two shoe polini backing plate, with $50 Kevlar re-shoed pads. About $130 part by part w/ springs and all, Tsun.
To get the real Polini housing on my copy engine, had to mod the cases and the lip on the housing to fit. I custom fit them together, but can still put a stock housing back.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Myself I would never mix rep part on a polini. Now I would put polini parts on a rep motor or bike but never the other way around.

Now with that said with your problems Im wondering if someone didnt cheap out and put a rep coil on your bike. Kinda sounds like the problems we have with the rep coils

1 - 20 of 22 Posts