Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back from vacation. 2 weeks of riding and drinking (tho not at the same time). it was awesome.

my boss asked me today if I wanted to buy his midbike that his son doesn't ride. apparently it's a 90 or 110cc with a 4 speed trans, working electrics, and only has a few hours on it. it needs a new hydro brake line for the rear tire (it's locked up) and a new ignition since he's lost the keys. i'm pretty pumped if it's legit, he only wants like 125-150 for it.

i'll post pictures if/when i get it, since i'll probably need help figuring out what I bought.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently the brake line itself is actually melted shut.lol it's good for me in that the caliper doesn't need to be touched, I just have to run a new line and bleed it.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
how do you weld shut a brake line riding for a few hours?

sounds like it takes skill to do.
I bet, it's kinked shut, because it got hot, (Exhaust?) and then melted so it's now "welded" eheh, maybe the hose was too long to start with?

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
I bet, it's kinked shut, because it got hot, (Exhaust?) and then melted so it's now "welded" eheh, maybe the hose was too long to start with?
probably something like that...... still seems odd that he screwed a brake line. i wonder if it was his fault.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he just said it melted the line but never gave any further info. i would imagine it had to do with the exhaust. still, looks like an x18 from the sketchy phone pic he showed me, and he's only looking for like 100-150 so I'm definitely picking it up.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I can't believe you have not bought it yet. man, with a 4 speed 110cc, that thing will be an animal with alittle work.

·
PBP RACER
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definately buying it. He just has to get it out of his garage, which apparently involves some rearranging. I'll post pics when I have it, I'm pumped.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Go over there and help him out - he may have some other treasures in there! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts