Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how, but my kid talked me into porting and polishing his BZM motor.. am part way through polishing the intake side of the engine cases at the minute and doing a fair bit of clean up....
I'll post more pics as I go...

Anyone know of any particular do's or don'ts specific to tweaking these motors?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
NaSa just did a thread about porting his C1 I think. Looks like the exact same engine. He is an expert on these engines. You want to leave case rough to keep the fuel atomized. I am pretty sure. When the case is smooth I think the fuel sticks to it.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That is what I was told, back in the old days they use to port & polish, now they port and shoot steel balls in to make it ruff. My old Pro Stock Kawasaki the intakes were polished.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Can you post a pic of your drag bike EPR?:D

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The old photos I had got wet and destroyed, when my trailer flooded before I built my house, lost a lot 35mm photos and negatives. It was a bracket racer, bike, engine and wheelie bar built by a friend of mine, Bob, he had a motorcycle shop/speed shop and sold it to me when he built & finished a Funny Bike Nitro Kawasaki, that bike was Sick. Fuel injected nitro monster, lol.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Sounds FAST. Would have been really cool to see pics though. Is it hard driving one of those bikes?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I could not ride the NHRA nitro bike, cause I needed a NHRA semi pro licence. They are really picky about the rules in which there are many pages in their book, with a lot of rules. I could not run my 836cc Honda 4 cyld. w/ 11.5 to 1 Wiseco pistons, Dan Gurney cam & 4 into 1 exhaust and four 29mm Mikuni carbs chopper, cause of the extened forks. Bracket racers can't do a burnout down the strip, you run the tire thru the water pit, and out, put a chock under the front tire and smoke the tire, my favorite part. I did turn an unofficial time 10.88 sec. The drag bikes best time was around 9 sec. 160 MPH. It looks easy on TV but it can turn into a Scary ride in the blink of an eye, lol. I hate when it heads for the concrete wall and your hanging way off the bike trying to get it back straight. I have missed the wall by inches cause I was on a great run and I was not letting off the gas, lol.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That is scary fast. I will just stick with my pocket bike. Thanks for the story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts