Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Blata quadard. 2 xhinese copy quads. 3 lucky 7's. 1 lucky 7 trike. 1 cag.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been on here for ages but have been keeping busy tinkering away.
Build the kids an electric buggy, only a 24v 500w set up. Converted an old kettler pedal cart and it worked brilliantly. Belive it or not its got enough guts to pull me along and I weigh 13stone.
Anyway. I've been slowing working on something else.
I'm attempting to build my best attempt at the ultimate Lucky 7 CAG.
I've got about 5frames lying about so picked the best one and set about fitting a Polini junior motor I've had for a while. Found some old threads on lift kits and have made a set.
Also had an exhaust I think was for an old Chinese water cooled bike.
Got a new mig welder for Christmas, had been making do with a cheap arc until now and it's a total game changer.
Custom exhaust now just needs welding up. Not sure how it'll perform with that engine but it looks mint and it's only for a laugh so fingers crossed. Will look at getting the correct exhaust if its unworkable.
Got a set of hope mini hydraulics I'm going to mount up so should be a tidy bike when finished.
Some pics below, let me know what you think and anyone with experience with these engines im all ears. Cheers,

Max.

Attachments

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
I like the project. I dont have too much experience with those motors. Definitely a few on here that do and will chime in.

·
Registered
Lucky 7 with BB head kit, 2-shoe clutch w \zocchi springs, flywheel mod, lift-plates
37 Posts
Cool project. I love both my Lucky7's. One is still mostly stock and the other has some mods, with the proper pipe being the best mod I did. Mounting a Polini is another level indeed. Must say that I like the L7 better with the rear riser lift plates and I even adjusted the pegs so they are in highest position to get the needed ground clearance. (only needed if you want to go on track though) Might be a decent frame, but I am curious if the Polini will be too much hahahha

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I agree about concerns with frame. Like I said there is a surprising difference between L7 frames, some don't even have the back of the trellis welded just spots. I picked one that has fully welded frame. I will be adding additional braces and welding gussets around headtube and engine mounting points. Its only 5hp, should be fine right, lol?
My main question is related to the exhaust. Having not specced it for the engine I'm concerned it may hinder performance, bigger isn't always better with two-stroke engines. But it looks mint and I've spent a good few hours getting it to fit so I'm sticking with it for the time being. Hopefully have the engine running in the chassis by end of the weekend so I'll keep you updated.
Got another project on the go as well. Converting a mini supermoto bike to electric. Should be fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. What set up are you thinking on the electric?
I built a gokart for the kids using a 500w 24v brushed motor and its quick enough.
Little boys got a revvi 12, but he's already outgrown it so building this for him and the little girl really. Going to use the same setup as I already have batteries and setup only costs about 100quid. He's only 3 the revvi did 10mph, the gokart does about 13-15, hoping bike will do the same, little bit more with gearing.
Been looking at a 2000w 48v brushless setup though, lol....

Attachments

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
Ah there it is. Lol i was hoping you wanted enough watts fornyou to have fun with too.
But for now that stock setup 24v 250w should be right in the 13-15. Even run 36v at it later for about a 5mph increase when your kids get bored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts