Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ppl. Im new to the pocket bike experience. Got a used one from this guy who was selling it cause his son didn't ride it anymore. He said he couldn't get it started. Well I did some searching and found out to clean the carb so I soaked it for awhile in it then let it air dry over night. Got some gas and oil mixed it 25:1 to start. Got a new spark plug for it to. Took a couple of pulls but I got it to fire up. Let it run for awhile with choke open, when I tried to close the choke more then half way it cut off. Next day I tried again and after a couple pulls got it to work, closed the choke alil and went for a lil ride. Closed the choke to turn it off since kill switch is missing. Since then the pull string has broke, thought I fixed it but it wont fire up, this is the bike I have 49cc Pocket biek with CE and EPA(MT-A2) - Detailed info for 49cc Pocket biek with CE and EPA(MT-A2),pocket bike,49cc Pocket biek with CE and EPA(MT-A2),MT-A2 on Alibaba.com

If you can give me some kind of guide I appreciate it. I don't know the abbreviations I've seen on here so if you can break it down that be great. Ill make a youtube video and post on here so you can see what im dealing with.. thanks

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
First things first: welcome to the forums.

Not quite sure what the "CE and EPA" is, but the bike itself is a Cagglari/Daytona (aka "Cag"), model MT-A2. "Cag" is a generic term for any Chinese-made air-cooled two-stroker, be it half fairing or full fairing. Yours is the ful fairing model - the half fairing is an MT-A1. (There's also an MT-A3, which has a shock absorber on the rear end, aka the GP RS-R).

Basic starting procedures would be to turn the gas on, flip the choke lever up (full choke), pull the starter easy a few times, then harder pulls until the bike starts. Once the bike has warmed up (about a minute), flip the choke lever down (no choke), hop on and ride!

For repairing that pullstart:
http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/f47/how-repairing-your-pullstart-46594.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Ill have video on tomorrow my son kept me from doing anything. The time I was able to ride for a lil bit it was so much fun and exciting. Didn't realize how close I was to the ground till it really got going. Again thank you I've been driving myself crazy lol.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Score one more addict to the pocketbike syndrome .... :)

Glad to hear you had fun. All of us on here enjoy the little bikes (and not-so-little bikes!), so it's always nice to see a new recruit geting his first mile under his wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the worse thing that could've happened. **** pull start broke, screw was so worped that nothing I had or autozone had could get it out beside a bolt extractor. My friend who has used one before came over to help and the bolt broke inside the shaft so couldn't get it out. Ordered a new one afterward so delivery on 8th, hope after work I can ride

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Don't worry about it, these things happen all the time ... The bolts in these bikes are pretty cheap, so most of us go through and replace all the cheap Chinese bolts with good quality hardened or stainless bolts. Makes everything a LOT more reliable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got the pull start in and man is it nice to have that working. I tried what u said had choke all the way up and gas open. No love. Put choke down and started right up, put choke up and it cut off. Any suggestions

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And another thing, I had to take a spin and felt something burning my leg, have black spots. Looked at exhaust and very little is coming out exhaust, looks like there's a small leak in exhaust pipe. Thinking that's what's causing smoke to come out when started and at beginning when giving throttle. Does this mean engine work or what. Have a another carb on order with a better air flow then that plastice piece they have on.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
The bike started up when you had the choke lever DOWN, as in no choke? Sounds like that exhaust leak is messing with the engine ... May want to try patching the holes int eh exhaust, or better yet, just go for a new performance exhaust.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking at carb. It says open closer to bottom then top. Choke is pushed down towards the N and couple easy pulls then one alil harder and bike starts up. If I push the tab up towards O It cuts off.

So I took the air filter off. when choke is up it makes the silver piece cover big hole and silver piece has a tiny hole in middle. When choke is down the silver piece is out of the way and hole is wide open.. took for a ride and it started like its been but now revs up after a lil while and cuts off. .

How do I put pics on here so you can see what I'm talking bout since I don't know name of parts.., using my droid 2 to access internet

sorry I hit this so many times today.
My new family on here I thank u for the help. I wanna get better parts for this bike. Maybe that'll help with these issues sincd this is a 2006 and it was sitting for idk how long.
Let me know any suggestions on parts that won't cost me a arm and leg.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Go to PhotoBucket, and create a free account - upload your pictures there, then copy and paste the links to 'em here.

That's why we're here, amigo ... helping everyone get up on two wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Aight here it is. The pic is showing the choke half way down from that point or pushed down further it'll start, if I pull it up any further it start to cut off and if just pulled all the way up cuts of immediately

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
All righty, then .... Starting the bike from a cold start, you would put the lever up at the top - that means the block-off plate is now covering the mouth of the carb, and is on full choke. Start the bike as previously mentioned, then flip the lever down (no choke) to ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey PBP fam. Update and question,
Have been riding everyday SO addicted, find myself looking up new parts all the time to make this bike better lol. Wife isn't happy when I get zoned out on this bike lol.
I downloaded this speedometer app to my cell and tested it out using my car first and was only off by 1 mph less then my car was reading so I put it in my pocket and got on the bike. Fastest I got was 23mph wide open then one of the air filter screws came off during ride and it bogged out on me.
Does the speed seem about right? Thought at 49cc it would get atleast 30mph.
And is there a website that PBP trust to get parts for bike. I don't wanna end up buying BS ya know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts