Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just picked up a 49cc R3 china pocket bike. was going to get a c2 water cooled but since its my first race bike project i thought id do an air cooled bike first to get the hang of things. i really want to turn this bike into a race bike, just a few questions, any welding required to the frame? im 180lbs and the frame kind of scares me could use some supports?, what 49cc parts would fit this bike? i plan on rebuilding the motor with new seals and gaskets, new clutch, sprockets, bigger carb, slicks, exhaust, also are hydraulic brakes a must? these disk brakes kind of suck. anyways thanks inadvace for any help/info you can give me!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
hmm, Tsunami should have some stuff for it, it's just an air cooled reed ported cag engine, where have you looked for parts?

But, The C2 will be FASTER than the air cooled bike all day long, but keep in mind, the high speed stall clutch on the C2 and it's liquid filled cooling system make it even trickier to work on.

Nick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, Tsunami should have some stuff for it, it's just an air cooled reed ported cag engine, where have you looked for parts?

But, The C2 will be FASTER than the air cooled bike all day long, but keep in mind, the high speed stall clutch on the C2 and it's liquid filled cooling system make it even trickier to work on.

Nick.
Thanks nick for your help!, yah I was looking at the tsunami website but didn't know which bike parts (blata, cag, polini) would fit this one. I think I'm going to get the c2 its only 250 more lol. What problems would I need to address with the c2 right away? Thanks man!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Good Choice, come to the water cooled section and check out some of my posts, if you get the C1 or C2 I personally will take you under my silly wing, and share all my secrets!

I can wrench on a C1 with my eye's closed! but, I'm pretty broke most the time so I have to modify things or make my own...

And, No problem, I talk too much anyway! :thumbsup: :p :thumbsup:

PBP Water cooled super cool bike section filled with us super cool dudez! :)

and

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60501

and

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61147

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man for those great links! ONE last question for now I promise lol, c2 39cc or C5 50cc? Is the only difference the 50cc head? Do most parts fit both bikes I assume?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
That, was sort of a mess up on all the dealers parts, Caugh Caugh HK motors! marcelo

there are only two types of the Chinese Replica Cylinders, the original 39cc, and the (50cc) which is actually 45cc, so it's only a 6cc upgrade over stock.

And it's a combination of the Piston / cylinder and head dome, which make up the Big Bore Kit...

I'd get the C2 39cc, and pimp it with parts like brake levers etc, and then mod it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys i just bought a c2 from tsunamibike.com, from what a read it sound like a good bike, im planning to take it to adams track in riverside. i hope it was a good buy, cuz my buddy bought a g1 with the reverse motor and he has been having troubles with the clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts