Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for a new bike that I can get for under $450(around $300-$350 if possible). I dont need anything super fancy because i dont plan on racing but i want something to have some fun on. I dont want to order something and have it break in a month or so after i get it so I am wondering what everyone recommends for a decent bike and also which site that I should order from. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I would go on eBay and do a search for; 47 or 49cc New Pocket Bikes and see what pops up. What state do you live in?? You can look on the www. .com put minipocketrockets in the middle, there in L.A. Calif., they can't sell them here but ship to other states. Have 3 bikes from them, they have an A1 Cagllari Daytona for less than $300 + shipping. $299 for the Blade and Raptor if they have them, the Raptor is a Lucky 7, Cadillac of China mini pocket bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from New York. Thats definitely in my price range but I have heard many people say not to order from that website. Im assuming you didnt have any problems from them. Are you saying the raptor is a good choice for a first bike?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I am from New York. Thats definitely in my price range but I have heard many people say not to order from that website. Im assuming you didnt have any problems from them. Are you saying the raptor is a good choice for a first bike?
What part of NY?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Maybe CAM2 will sell you a bike, there all fast, lol. The EPA is the problem, hard to get any 2 strokes thru Customs now. Minipocketrockets have a phone, you can talk and order on there toll free number. I would look for an eBay east coast seller. Even Tsun in Canada, I call now to make sure they have my parts. The first questions are, is it in stock, and when can you ship??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill try giving MPR a try. Would you recommend the Cagllari for $229 or the raptor for $299? Is there even a big difference between the two? And is there anything that needs to be replaced ASAP such as the oil, fuel lines, or spark plug? I do like customizing things and working on small engines so Im assuming they can both be customized. I just want the bike to last for a bit so I want to know what needs to be changed on it

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Look at Tsunamibike on the web, there in Hamilton, near Toronto Canada, you should be close. The west coast will cost more for shipping, than near you. I would still look on ebay for something closer, you can save $60 + if you can Will Call it. How far is Hamilton from you??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all of the pocket bikes on Tsunamibikes are unavailable it says. I have checked ebay and the only new pocketbikes i could find are mototech bikes which are like 30cc bikes. I dont think they can go very fast at all

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah im way up there, haha. So could one of you give me advice on which one would be better to get? the Caglarri or the Raptor?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Yeah im way up there, haha. So could one of you give me advice on which one would be better to get? the Caglarri or the Raptor?
It depends on whats appealing to the eye....The model names may be different but the powerplants are the same..............

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That CAM2 bike might almost be worth the drive. There is nothing stock or not modified on it. It would leave a stock Cag. in the Dust.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
That CAM2 bike might almost be worth the drive. There is nothing stock or not modified on it. It would leave a stock Cag. in the Dust.
Its going cheap too [$275.00]and I have alot invested in it thats more than almost triple that not to mention a one of a kind bike...I need space in my hobbyroom and what sux is it seems like no-ones got mad money anymore because its been posted on craigslist for quite awhile and I only get people looking to barter..........................

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If we paid are selves $20 an hours for all the work on the whole bike it would be $800 to $1,000. I built 2 engines w/ winged billet heads and a Walbro carb & manifold, no labor, $535. Has Boosted306, Sam's ported Cyld Kit. The whole bike is $275, the engine is worth more than that, lol.
Hope your feeling better CAM2, you will be riding again before you know it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
ill reccomend MPR ive heard all the same but i have 2 bikes by them and no problems. dont buy the raptor there the same bike they just say its faster. buy the half or full faring cag. IMO. if ya still got that bike when u come down to J&W ill take that off ur hands EASY cam

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Most of the bikes sold come thru customs in the Los Angeles ports, Long Beach, City of Industry, etc. I bought my road legal BMS 150cc GY6 clone scooter online in Texas, it shipped from a warehouse in Southern California. MPR has no control over anything, they order a 100 to 500 bikes at a time, from China, $80 to $100 each, in boxes ready to ship to you, you order one, and they ship from a warehouse to you. Each buyer can customize there bikes, make up a name or what they want on their bikes. MPR has a phone, I would order over the phone. Make sure they have them, 2 or 3 days Max to ship. MBPN, and Helmet Industries online in the L.A. area.
A word to the wise, if you have the money and are serious, better order a bike before the EPA and Al Gore outlaw everything, once it's here, it's legal even if they change the rules. Most of my bikes are pre 2010, don't have catalistic converters, or dirty fumes pushed back thru your carb from the crankcases.

·
Registered
898 Posts
mine came last yr after waiting almost 2 for them to put a new exh. on it. it goes underneath and has a giant box coming off of it...i just removed it and jb welded a bolt in the hole.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts