Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey watup!? well i just got a yellow cat eye for cheap($50)! its all there exept a key, charger and a exhaust :(
Mods i done are removed the electric starter.and thats pretty much it, rocket key is on its wey amd waiting for the week end to get an exhaust so if anyone know a place let me know. I stay in compton CA, were people ride the river bank to the beach lol!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
thanks. yeah check if you got one lol. is that ebay exhaust any good?
I used it on a few 43cc x1s and one 49cc and it favored very well on basiclly modded to stock modded engines over the choke pipe...If you can find a fatty exhaust for the same price id grab that....

I use a custom-made dual chamber revpipe on my 49cc standup scooter that works as intended on that build

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
man, your bikes look sweat cam2!! im gping to look around to see what i find, in the mean time, N!PPLES, how much are you willing to let that exhaust go for? now i need a pull cord, bcuz old one broke from were the retractor hooks up from :(

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
man, your bikes look sweat cam2!! im gping to look around to see what i find, in the mean time, N!PPLES, how much are you willing to let that exhaust go for? now i need a pull cord, bcuz old one broke from were the retractor hooks up from :(
Just get a new cord about 3ft long,,,

retract the spring til you get mad tension,,,

hold the spool with spool hole lined up with the pulstarter rope hole in the housing,,,

feed the new rope with a sharp burned end all the way to the spool hole..

pull the rope through about 5-6 inches

let spool go,,

tie a knot in the rope at the spool end........

pull the cord to the max again to set the knot in the spool then retie on the handle nice n tight..........

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's a good Deal $39 and its chrome and free shipping, saves you $16+ dollars right there. Is your pully spring working? I run the rope around the pully and between the cases by hand, w/ an icecream stick, 3 1/2 ft. Thru the hole, pull the rope out till you get good tension hold it there, put the handle on, a knot and let go. If it's still loose, pull it out and move the knot down.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
well i live in la lol. just let me know when and im there!!
Hah, You can come grab it if you like.. When I double checked and actually pulled it out it was a different pipe than I thought. For a cateye but its muffler tips broke off and were welded back on and the mount is broke half way thru the hole.. I think I have a chipped pull start that is wound. I guess I can trade for your broken one also..

I'm in Downtown Burbank by the Holiday Inn... Gimme a Shout (8 one 8) Six Six 9 - O89 Six

Oh some dude gets on craigslist out here and sells those same mufflers that Cam linked to for 5 bucks each.. I think he has a crate of them.. I'll keep an eye out for him again...

Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well the screw that goes through the electric start pulley broke inside so i gotta tapp that out. and i still got the pull cord and evrything exept the cord riped twice i think, so i tied them back together.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Go to the hardware store with your rope, and get chain saw rope about 50 cents a foot, it's better then the China rope.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey thanks guys i acctually did that. removed the WHOLE thing. bought a shorter screw so the pull start is bolted directly to the block. and thanks ALOT to N!PPLES for the hook up with the stock muffler and pull start. so i put the rocket key today and got it running... sort of. i found out that a a whole sid of the head gasket is torn off so all it does is idle..

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
No problemo.. Just take the head off, scrape the gasket off and use Yamabond like our deer friend EPR suggests... Or JB weld as CAM2 suggests.. I've used the Copper Permatex once and it worked fine.. But i got a tube of yamabond now so I'll use that till its gone... It lowers your squish a bit so u git a little more compression...

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.