Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just purchased a cheap 2nd hand full fairing 2 stroke built in 2011....I'm assuming its somewhere between 43 and 49cc! I've been having a read around the place but haven't found the answer I'm looking for...

I tried to start the bike using the pull start and the cord really judders and is difficult to pull...pulling it lifts the back end of the bike off the ground! So tonight I took pull cord off and when its off the bike it pulls nice and smooth....?..

The flywheel moves but not 100% freely.....it gets to a certain point and then is much harder to spin...I'm assuming this is what's causing the pull cord to be so stiff?. Is this how the fly wheel is meant to spin? Any input would be great!:D

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Welcome to our site..... :)

Sounds like your coil is rubbing on the flywheel. So check the air gap between your flywheel and coil and reset it using a business card. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome...It sounds like youre gonna need to bench the bike and go over the whole thing..When theyre assembled in China they arent built to ride right out of the box...Nix what the ads say..Its all hype......

There could be plenty of contributions to your problem.....

Loose coil like StrayDawg said.....

Something got sucked into the cylinder

Bad topend IE: piston scored / rings stuck or cylinder seizure mark / bad wristpin bearing / bad lower crankpin bearing

Engine mounting plate screws a lil too long and hitting the clutchbell or the flywheel

Screws holding pullstarter center in too long if you have an aluminum pullstarter

Bent crankrod or warped crank.......

Broken clutchspring or stuck clutchpad

Good Luck finding the problem...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys fellas appreciate it....

I have my fingers crossed its just rubbing against the coil but visually it looks fine :(.....

Thats a lovely list you have compiled CAM2 ha ha...Looks like i'll be busy on the weekend!..Am i correct in assuming the flywheel should just spin freely?

Thanks again.....

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks for the replys fellas appreciate it....

I have my fingers crossed its just rubbing against the coil but visually it looks fine :(.....

Thats a lovely list you have compiled CAM2 ha ha...Looks like i'll be busy on the weekend!..Am i correct in assuming the flywheel should just spin freely?

Thanks again.....

Yes the flywheel should spin freely without any sparkplug in it or coil attached.....With sparkplug and coil attached there will be resistance fromcompression and magnetic attraction......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.