Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the post says I’m new to this engine. I’m wondering what other engines are the same, BZM? Also any other names the engine goes by and just general info. Where can I buy replacement reeds? (Sorry in advance for the noob question) thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
There are a few similar engines but none are the same. The polini 6.2 is a restricted 3 port engine with a 14mm carb to output 6.2hp. It's the next engine after the polini 4.2 for junior riders. There are water and aircooled versions available. Here you can see the schematics of the polini engines.

I have polini parts on stock and shipp them to usa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a few similar engines but none are the same. The polini 6.2 is a restricted 3 port engine with a 14mm carb to output 6.2hp. It's the next engine after the polini 4.2 for junior riders. There are water and aircooled versions available. Here you can see the schematics of the polini engines.

I have polini parts on stock and shipp them to usa.
thank you! So question.When people upgrade to a 50cc bmz head which I believe is 5 port, do they also upgrade the reed and carb as well? What would be a common size upgraded carb and reed for this engine?

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
thank you! So question.When people upgrade to a 50cc bmz head which I believe is 5 port, do they also upgrade the reed and carb as well? What would be a common size upgraded carb and reed for this engine?
i dont think it would be worth it you would be better off just getting the bigger engine
im not 100% sure but i think it takes welding and machining to fit a big block cylinder onto a small block allso Bi Zeta (BZM) and Polini are two entirely different company's its like trying to take chevy parts and make them work on a ford...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes you can make a upgrade, BZM had made cylinders that fit on the polini bottom end, they where available as 5 or 6port. If you want to upgrade, I recommend at least an 18mm(better 21mm) carburetor and a different exhaust(bzm race pipe 50cc). Reeds can be used the same.

Polini have also a 50cc cylinder that would fit.

My question is did you ever ride a pocketbike with an engine like the polini 6.2 or higher??
The 50cc BZM engine is a beast with over 15hp you need a track to run it, it's nothing for the neighborhood.

I've two engine with this 50cc setup for sell, here you can take a look on an engine with the BZM upgrade.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have a bzm 50cc 6 port with a 21carb. I recently got a 40cc cylinder for parking lot riding because the 50cc was too much and i don't go to a track often enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts